Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   which holster (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/holster-43694/)

west33 06-10-2011 03:07 AM

which holster

Just bought a s&w bodygaurd .38 special. just looking for opinions on which is the best iwb holster to get. thanks.

pioneer461 06-11-2011 02:40 PM

There is no such thing as the "best" holster. Only you can decide which is more comfortable and what best fits your needs. Your choice takes into consideration your physical build, your manner of dress, and many other factors that make your needs unique.

For many of us, finding the "best" holster can be a life-long quest. Most long time pistol owners have at least one box filled with "perfect" holsters that seemed like a good idea at the time, or that were recommended by others, but just didn't seem to work out for us.

Likewise, there is no "best" gun, or "best" ammo. It is all very personal and only you can decide after trial and error experience.

west33 06-13-2011 03:24 PM

I definitely agree. Was just wondering what a few of the more popular ones are amongst everyone to help narrow the search. ThanksThanks

cpttango30 06-13-2011 05:24 PM

How do you want to carry?

What are you wearing while you carry?

Maybe look at a IWB holster?

Dennis845 06-14-2011 12:13 AM

I have about 20 holsters and I'm still trying to figure that one out :o Good luck!

west33 06-14-2011 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 522239)
How do you want to carry?

What are you wearing while you carry?

Maybe look at a IWB holster?

I'mlooking for an iwb holster. in summer i usualy wear cargo shorts and t-shirt. winter usualy jeans and sweatshirt. i've been looking at some of the galco iwb holsters. Thanks

WDB 06-14-2011 06:10 AM

I like Don Hume for IWB but this is a personal choice. I bought many holsters before I found the one that works for me. Now I buy this brand as it is what fits me best.

mcfroggin 06-15-2011 11:07 PM

I like CrossBreed

twobadazbrothers 06-16-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneer461 (Post 521201)
There is no such thing as the "best" holster. Only you can decide which is more comfortable and what best fits your needs. Your choice takes into consideration your physical build, your manner of dress, and many other factors that make your needs unique.

For many of us, finding the "best" holster can be a life-long quest. Most long time pistol owners have at least one box filled with "perfect" holsters that seemed like a good idea at the time, or that were recommended by others, but just didn't seem to work out for us.

Likewise, there is no "best" gun, or "best" ammo. It is all very personal and only you can decide after trial and error experience.

What he said is right on!!! :)

Phelenwolf 07-04-2011 03:16 AM

During the summer time here in Az I wear alot of shorts with cargo pocket. So I pocket carry most of the time, it is alot easier to use. If you are set on IWB I like the Milt Sparks holster if you can get one. I used the Galco IWB Summer Comfort but it was not as comfortable as the Milt Sparks. Plus I liked the fact that I could tuck in my shirt when I needed to.