Hollow points at war - Page 13
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Hollow points at war

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper61
Amen brother! And thankyou for your service as well!!
Your welcome

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 01-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #122

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

By the way, damn nice on the pft.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17
I understand where you're coming from, I was in the dep around 9 months at that time, but I did report it to my recruiter, but (presumably) she just didn't want to send me to meps again for a waiver. All she said was "that's fine" and that was that. It sucks because I did a lot of improvement to get into the dep (dropped 30 pounds over the summer) and I really got into the spirit... it hurts every day I think about it and sometimes I really want to go finish what I started, but that'll have to wait until I move and then only if I can get Cinder to look after my stuff.
I got as close as a kid could be to the Marines without going to boot. I was at the rss almost every day after school, never missed our(weekly) "field days"(they were more like workout periods) and our monthly pft thingamajigs.
Honestly Marlinman I'm not trying to start anything if it seems I am. But I didn't do anything against the rules we had in. Place.
No offense takin. I wasnt on the block because i "lied" but bc i wasnt improving on my monthly IST runs. I stayed at the same place for two months. Only thing that saved me was that i had ALOT of proof that i was bustin my butt to get there....as in 2 1/2 pages of timed runs w a recruiter running w me 3 times a week for 2 months.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:58 AM   #124

Quote:
By the way, damn nice on the pft.
Thank you.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #125

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

No offense takin. I wasnt on the block because i "lied" but bc i wasnt improving on my monthly IST runs. I stayed at the same place for two months. Only thing that saved me was that i had ALOT of proof that i was bustin my butt to get there....as in 2 1/2 pages of timed runs w a recruiter running w me 3 times a week for 2 months.

Damn that's a lot. We 'lucked out' at our rss, had a force recon contractee(0311 with the recon indoc right after SOI) so this Poolee was running us instead of the recruiters. Not timed but that was the furthest running I had done and so I went to a chair and passed out, lol.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #126

Quote:

Damn that's a lot. We 'lucked out' at our rss, had a force recon contractee(0311 with the recon indoc right after SOI) so this Poolee was running us instead of the recruiters. Not timed but that was the furthest running I had done and so I went to a chair and passed out, lol.
Time wise i wasnt up to snuff but distance wise only my force recon 6 recruiter could stay w me. We would in fact have marathon runs every two weeks. When we did the district get together i failled the timed run miserably but when we did the O course i stomped everyone in my platoon and in a few other platoons. I even grappled w a recruiter...made him tap to of course some one grabs you in a full nelson the picks you up off the ground and holds you in mid air lettin your own weight put you out you tend to tap very quickly. My rss NCOIC wouldnt let me grapple w them after that but i was allowed to be in on the recruiters tug of war

Old 01-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #127

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Your right we are getting the credit....mainly cuz they have you army guys on a short leash. Actually you guys have a very tough job as all ground troops do. Thank you for your service and hopefully we can all look back on the days of blood and fear/horror over a few well earned beers together...if not in this life then on the fields of Bowling Green.

Yeah tell me about the short leash. They don't even give me enough to hang myself with lol.
I hear the guys at the bars talking crap about Marine this Army that , so forth and so on. But when the SHTF we all work together to kick some doors and serve our rolls. Hell when I was in AIT my Marine buds would go with me to terrorize the AF and we would go with them to give the Navy hell. Lol.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram

Yeah tell me about the short leash. They don't even give me enough to hang myself with lol.
I hear the guys at the bars talking crap about Marine this Army that , so forth and so on. But when the SHTF we all work together to kick some doors and serve our rolls. Hell when I was in AIT my Marine buds would go with me to terrorize the AF and we would go with them to give the Navy hell. Lol.
Im a gung ho marine and my fiancee is joining the flyin princesses- it makes for some real......lively discussions. But we all do our job and we all harrass the other branches. Its a fact of life we all except in the military. I just hope she realizes that and drops some of her ideas/attitude about that razzin.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:12 PM   #129

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Im a gung ho marine and my fiancee is joining the flyin princesses- it makes for some real......lively discussions. But we all do our job and we all harrass the other branches. Its a fact of life we all except in the military. I just hope she realizes that and drops some of her ideas/attitude about that razzin.

I know what you mean bother haha. My sister just got out of the AF. She was military (non) intelligence lol. She gives me hell for being Army and I razz her for being AF.
We can joke and poke, but let some one non mil start giving us hell and we will back each other up no matter the branch or service.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram

I know what you mean bother haha. My sister just got out of the AF. She was military (non) intelligence lol. She gives me hell for being Army and I razz her for being AF.
We can joke and poke, but let some one non mil start giving us hell and we will back each other up no matter the branch or service.
Exactly