Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Hollow points at war

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 04:01 AM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sorry, didn't have the honor.
I was with the NYPD and that's an automatic deferment (yeah, I'm that old that I had a draft card).

Old 01-31-2012, 04:04 AM   #112

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belltactical
Sorry, didn't have the honor.
I was with the NYPD and that's an automatic deferment (yeah, I'm that old that I had a draft card).
Nothin wrong w that. You served our country another way that was most definately needed.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 01-31-2012, 04:58 AM   #113

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I would have loved to serve,the marines is where i tried to enlist whenever i graduated high school. Due to me being the only child and only living male in my already small family,i was denied.. I would have loved to been one of the few and proud

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-31-2012, 05:01 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
I would have loved to serve,the marines is where i tried to enlist whenever i graduated high school. Due to me being the only child and only living male in my already small family,i was denied.. I would have loved to been one of the few and proud
Dont regret it mon ami since you ARE serving our country in a very important way....you also get shot at for basically the same reason i did-defense of our constitution and the beliefs our country was built on.

Last edited by Marlinman; 01-31-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:47 AM   #115

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
Shoot, I got dropped from the DEP for taking a duct strap to the wrist, told my recruiter who withheld it from the Gunny. Couple days in someother recruiters drop by to give me a lift, see the stitches, Gunny gets the word and I look like I was hiding something.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 01-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17

Shoot, I got dropped from the DEP for taking a duct strap to the wrist, told my recruiter who withheld it from the Gunny. Couple days in someother recruiters drop by to give me a lift, see the stitches, Gunny gets the word and I look like I was hiding something.
Fraudulent enlistment. Thats what thats called. I almost got dropped from DEP cuz i BARELY was able to run the mile and a half in qualifing times. Nevermind the fact that i was doing 23 pull ups and 130 crunches before i even left for boot. Perfect pft was 3 miles in 18 mins, 20 pull ups, and 120 crunches in 2 mins. By the time i got to final pft time in boot i was doin 34 pull ups, 158 crunches, and ran 3 miles in 18:03. I was the pull up and crunches champ in my company. No one except 3 di's could match me in pull ups and 5 DI's could match me at crunches. They tested me one day just to see how many i could do of each just to see what i was capable of. It came out to 57 pull ups and 170 crunches in 2 mins. Now i cant do nowhere that many of either because of lack of hard work and a badly healed wrist

Old 01-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #117

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Man you Marines are hating on us Army guys!! Where's the love??? You know we are doing ALL of the work while you guys are getting all the credit!!

OIF Veteran
OEF Veteran
Lifetime VFW Member
NRA Member

Old 01-31-2012, 07:30 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper61
Man you Marines are hating on us Army guys!! Where's the love??? You know we are doing ALL of the work while you guys are getting all the credit!!
Your right we are getting the credit....mainly cuz they have you army guys on a short leash. Actually you guys have a very tough job as all ground troops do. Thank you for your service and hopefully we can all look back on the days of blood and fear/horror over a few well earned beers together...if not in this life then on the fields of Bowling Green.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:35 AM   #119

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Amen brother! And thankyou for your service as well!!

OIF Veteran
OEF Veteran
Lifetime VFW Member
NRA Member

Old 01-31-2012, 07:52 AM   #120

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Fraudulent enlistment. Thats what thats called.
I understand where you're coming from, I was in the dep around 9 months at that time, but I did report it to my recruiter, but (presumably) she just didn't want to send me to meps again for a waiver. All she said was "that's fine" and that was that. It sucks because I did a lot of improvement to get into the dep (dropped 30 pounds over the summer) and I really got into the spirit... it hurts every day I think about it and sometimes I really want to go finish what I started, but that'll have to wait until I move and then only if I can get Cinder to look after my stuff.
I got as close as a kid could be to the Marines without going to boot. I was at the rss almost every day after school, never missed our(weekly) "field days"(they were more like workout periods) and our monthly pft thingamajigs.
Honestly Marlinman I'm not trying to start anything if it seems I am. But I didn't do anything against the rules we had in. Place.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------