Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Hollow points at war (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/hollow-points-war-56493/)

kcolg 01-28-2012 04:01 PM

Hollow points at war

If I'm correct the military can't use hollow points at war, I believe it's for "humanitary " reasons...You are at war...I mean isn't a little late for humanitary reasons by then...? As naif as this might sound I'm still curious about ,anybody...?

MrWray 01-28-2012 04:10 PM

Its the Geneva convention,they forbid hollow point ammunition in ANY weapon that is used by our military. They say that it can cause "undue suffering" to our enemies, so its FMJ only.

HOSSFLY 01-28-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray (Post 691955)
Its the Geneva convention,they forbid hollow point ammunition in ANY weapon that is used by our military. They say that it can cause "undue suffering" to our enemies, so its FMJ only.

True but we got to dump Napalm in Nam :D
Now thats a LOT more humain that a HP to the head :rolleyes:

MrWray 01-28-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

I agree, a HP is alot faster than watching a man burn to death... I also heard that they threw a fit whenever we started using the .50bmg round in sniper configurations.. I just cant see a person suffering much after getting hit in the chest with a .50

kcolg 01-28-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 691958)

That's exactly what I mean...

HOSSFLY 01-28-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray (Post 691962)
I agree, a HP is alot faster than watching a man burn to death... I also heard that they threw a fit whenever we started using the .50bmg round in sniper configurations..
Quote:

I just cant see a person suffering much after getting hit in the chest with a .50

:eek:
Me neither :o

trip286 01-28-2012 04:41 PM

.50 cal is supposed to be anti material only, for vehicles and such.

It works great when you aim at an enemy's weapon while they're holding it though.

PanBaccha 01-28-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcolg (Post 691946)
If I'm correct the military can't use hollow points at war, I believe it's for "humanitary " reasons...You are at war...I mean isn't a little late for humanitary reasons by then...? As naif as this might sound I'm still curious about ,anybody...?

Wordsmiths we are not.
War = Where bodies are blown apart, limbs severed, lives forever lost?
Humanitary = where conditions of the human and humane aspects are sought to laud and nourish?
How does the two marry into a sentence not suspected of schziophenia? Weapons of unimaginable power
and dynamics are used in war. How is it that 'hallow points' topples the table at the Geneva convention?
:confused:

kcolg 01-28-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha (Post 691977)
Wordsmiths we are not.
War = Where bodies are blown apart, limbs severed, lives forever lost?
Humanitary = where conditions of the human and humane aspects are sought to laud and nourish?
How does the two marry into a sentence not suspected of schziophenia? Weapons of unimaginable power
and dynamics are used in war. How is it that 'hallow points' topples the table at the Geneva convention?
:confused:

Exactly! .

MrWray 01-28-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286
.50 cal is supposed to be anti material only, for vehicles and such.

It works great when you aim at an enemy's weapon while they're holding it though.

I bet, ive seen videos of the .50 hitting human targets. I saw a pink mist followed by "things" that were once attached flying in the air. Quite impressive