"Hoarding" Ammo... - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > "Hoarding" Ammo...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2009, 03:23 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 4

My thoughts exactly!! I plan on having enough malted grain on hand to make 110 gallons of beer, always good trading stock!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:35 AM   #32

Liked 69 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 39

The common gun owner is not hoarding as much as the Importers or the Wholesalers that are telling small buyers that there is no more ammo.
When was the last time you went to a large gun show, most of the booths selling ammo having not just boxes but pallets of each size of ammo? Selling for 4X what it was last year. If you can buy ammo buy the full pallet there is no shortage. The large buyers are using ammo for an investment just like the stock market. They buy up a truck load or warehouse full of ammo leak out a little then stop and wait for the price to rise, as long as there is a demand the price will keep going up. If the other guy buys a case of 9mm for $10 a box and that was all they had you will go to the next booth and buy up all they got for $11.50 a box. And it keeps going on & on & on until the price is where it is today. I'll admit that I don't want to get caught with a gun that I can't buy ammo for, but if I need to invest or bring your banker to buy ammo it is not worth it. We are a nation of inventors we can figure out how to build firearms of other kinds so if they take away our ammo or our guns we will still shoot something. How many of us remember building tennis ball cannons as children. If you keep buy ammo at this pace you are giving the anti-gunners something to use against us. I'm not buying any more ammo until the price drops back to where it was a year or more ago.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:06 AM   #33

the only reason i am looking for am is when i buy my first handgun i'm gonna need ammo to break in my weapon. so i'm kinda forced to buy ammo

Old 04-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #34

Think about this...if you are a gun dealer, what better time to get more sales, sell at inflated prices and make as much profit as they possibly can. The "hype" is out there, many people are scared of "the end" coming and the industry is taking advantage of this and us.
Go into any gun related website or shop and the first thing you see are signs and posters telling us that our gun rights are in jeopardy. People, wake up...to take away our right to bear arms requires citizen's votes, not a signature of one or two individuals. The Second Ammendment is part of our Constitution, not a paragraph written in an obscure document someplace.
In the mean time, we are all paying for this hype and the industry is definitely taking advantage of all of us.
Like I said in the beginning, eventually many will wake up with rooms of ammo that they will never be able to use in their lifetime. Hey, I'll be willing to buy then, but at a slight "discount"...

Old 04-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Think about this...if you are a gun dealer, what better time to get more sales, sell at inflated prices and make as much profit as they possibly can. The "hype" is out there, many people are scared of "the end" coming and the industry is taking advantage of this and us.
Go into any gun related website or shop and the first thing you see are signs and posters telling us that our gun rights are in jeopardy. People, wake up...to take away our right to bear arms requires citizen's votes, not a signature of one or two individuals. The Second Ammendment is part of our Constitution, not a paragraph written in an obscure document someplace.
In the mean time, we are all paying for this hype and the industry is definitely taking advantage of all of us.
Like I said in the beginning, eventually many will wake up with rooms of ammo that they will never be able to use in their lifetime. Hey, I'll be willing to buy then, but at a slight "discount"...
This very same crap happened in the carter & clinton Administrations. All the fear & hype has been a godsend for gunshop owners... They can virtually "name their own price" on guns & ammo today. WHY???? Because stupid people will PAY IT.

I live by the belief that "what goes around, comes around". Sooner or later, these profit mongers will reap what they sew.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioroftheland View Post
the only reason i am looking for am is when i buy my first handgun i'm gonna need ammo to break in my weapon. so i'm kinda forced to buy ammo
If you are "smart" you will have the seller throw in some ammo. I never buy a gun without having at least 100 rounds thrown in the deal.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Absolutely brilliant!!! I keep telling my wife to stock up on TP.
I quit smoking about 1 1/2 years ago. But if the SHTF, I would probably be willing to barter some ammo for some of your smokes...

Old 04-23-2009, 02:31 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The Second Amendment is under continual assault. Stocking up on arms and ammunition is only prudent.

There is a bill moving forward in the California State Legislature that would make it illegal to sell or transfer more than fifty rounds of ammunition a month. Even between family members.

To sell more than fifty rounds a month a person would have to be licensed.

This is from the NRA ILA:

Ammunition Sales Restrictions Moving Forward in California

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Please Contact the Members of the Assembly Committee on Appropriations Today!

Yesterday, the Assembly Committee on Public Safety considered two bills of great concern to California’s law-abiding gun owners.

Assembly Bill 962 was passed and now heads to the Assembly Committee on Appropriations where it awaits a hearing. Sponsored by Assembly Member Kevin De Leon (D-45), AB962 would make it a crime to privately transfer more than 50 rounds of ammunition per month, even between family and friends, unless you are registered as a “handgun ammunition vendor” in the Department of Justice’s database. Ammunition retailers would have to be licensed and store ammunition in such a manner that it would be inaccessible to purchasers. The bill would also require purchasers submit to fingerprinting, which would be submitted to the Department of Justice. Lastly, mail order ammunition sales would be prohibited.

There are two other bills in the works right now. One would require the registration of any magazines with more than 10 round capacity. Currently in California, if you have "Pre-ban" high cap mags, they're legal to own.

The other bill will prevent the sale of any handgun other than "Smart" or Biometric handguns. In other words, handgun sales will essentially become illegal unless they are this new technology.
This bill has been tabled for the time being. The technology to make this viable doesn't quite exist yet. Actually exists, but needs some work to make it the standard.

You can have all kinds of opinions about the threats to the Second Amendment, these three items are real. There are measures being taken in many other states and at the Federal level as I write this.

If you think your 2A Rights are safe, then you are part of the problem.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 04-23-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #39

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I agree CA357. Too many people automatically assume they can't do anything and thus keep their head buried in the sand. These people are dead weight in regards to fighting for our gun rights. They don't want to take the time to let our reps know EXACTLY how we feel, and do nothing to help. The result is we're much weaker in numbers-those of us that actually DO something instead of smugly sitting on their rumps or complaining when a law does get passed that makes it more difficult on us law abiding gun owners. They CAN ram laws down our throats unless we band together-either locally or federally.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

'Zactly, Stalkingbear.

We're leaving California after sorting some medical and financial issues, hopefully before the new year. However, California often shapes national issues.

By being actively engaged and keeping an eye out here, maybe we can stop some of the momentum.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams