"Hoarding" Ammo... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > "Hoarding" Ammo...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

^^^ Definitely the hallmarks of a Right Wing Extremist. Good thing you are in Texas, otherwise the ObamaBots would be kicking your door in shortly....

Old 04-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Since the election of the Marxist ruler, a lot of neophytes have bought firearms and ammunition. Many of the loyal opposition have done so as well. It is a simple case of supply and demand. Prices rise or fall based on availability and demand.

I think any prudent person observing the regime's behavior and aware of history would take some precautions.

Using the word hoard is a judgment. If wanting enough ammunition to practice a bit and to protect me and mine is hoarding, tough.

Is having stored enough food and supplies to last several months hoarding too? Is anybody pissed about the cost of beans?

I believe that the situation will continue to deteriorate. Critical mass hasn't been achieved yet.
I hope and pray that at some point we are able to return to the Constitutional Republic that used to be. But the present reality is much different and it will be some time before or if things change.

It is better to light a candle than to curse the dark.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

So I don't know if this has ever been addressed here (but I seem to recall it for some reason), how much is adequate? If you do the range, say, twice a month, and expect that crime may well go up, what's a decent number?

I suspect some have enough to outlast their firearms. If that's indeed the case, I'll lighten your load.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
^^^ Definitely the hallmarks of a Right Wing Extremist. Good thing you are in Texas, otherwise the ObamaBots would be kicking your door in shortly....
The way I see it JD, it's an investment.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
So I don't know if this has ever been addressed here (but I seem to recall it for some reason), how much is adequate? If you do the range, say, twice a month, and expect that crime may well go up, what's a decent number?

I suspect some have enough to outlast their firearms. If that's indeed the case, I'll lighten your load.
That's the whole idea! If the SHTF money won't do you any good. It's almost worthless now. But AMMO... it may as well be gold.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #16

Liked 314 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I can understand a SHTF scenero, however, it's very frustrating that I cant find the componets I use. I buy 12 ga. AA load ammo several cases at a time becuse I shoot sporting clays and skeet competition. No problem buying this stuff, even now. Where I'm having a problem, just recently getting to 1000 yd. NRA "F" class competion, is who's buying Berger .30 cal. match target boat tail 210 gr. bullets? This is target ammo, it doesnt lend itself well for defence ammo. There are much better bullets for defence than this bullet. Also, who is buying CCI BRII primers? This stiff is not needed unless your shooting rifles that put holes in holes and long range and under 10" groups (20X) at 1000 yards. This whole "hoarding" thing is very frustrating for someone that shoots most all his ammo up (which is massive quanities) in the spirit of competition.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

So how many rounds is a Wendy's Double Classic and a Frosty? And if I pay with a 300 Win Mag, do I get rimfires as change?

Seriously, though, I'm hearing more and more about things like storable food, ammo, and even seeds as the new currency.

We're in for a wild ride.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I agree about the wild ride, we're already on it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-17-2009, 11:07 PM   #19

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
So how many rounds is a Wendy's Double Classic and a Frosty? And if I pay with a 300 Win Mag, do I get rimfires as change?

Seriously, though, I'm hearing more and more about things like storable food, ammo, and even seeds as the new currency.

We're in for a wild ride.
See, that's using your Dipstick! *WHACK!*

We don't know, but think about the stuff that you would NEED to take care of you and yours if there was NO INFRASTRUCTURE.

Small caliber hunting ammo would be priceless.
Batteries for AM/UHF radios would be very important.
Seeds to grow your own veggies would be important.
A way to produce fresh water, as a renewable day after day resource, would be priceless.
And probably about 100 other things that will all of a sudden become the new world currency....

JD

Old 04-18-2009, 01:10 AM   #20

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'm gonna start hording toilet paper. Figure I'll have all the cigarettes, ammo and booze I can handle!!