"Hoarding" Ammo... - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > "Hoarding" Ammo...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #101
cbw
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

And your address is?

[The odds are always 50/50

Old 06-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #102

Its pretty neat to see how well organized and how much you guys have like mini armories =)

Last edited by LtpLegend; 06-11-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:18 AM   #103
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Hording ammo! Who the hell is hording ammo? Here is a couple pictures of my usual shooting supplies rotated back to front and restocked as needed when used.

I have seen these pictures before, still wish I had the $ to have that much on hand.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #104
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jng2985 View Post
drool*

I do all my own reloading and have bins and bins full of ammo, It's kinda sad even with about 20k rounds, and a stock pile of brass, primers etc. I will still buy a box of primers when ever i come across them.
That's what we do!

Old 06-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #105

There's the 45 acp I have been waiting for!!!

"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."
- GEORGE WASHINGTON (from his Farewell Address, 1796) .

Old 06-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #106
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

In the past couple of weeks I've been able to pick up about 500 rounds of 45 at wal mart, it's the first I've seen it on their shelves in months. I refuse to pay the higher gun shop/show prices so I check wally world almost daily.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #107
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
In the past couple of weeks I've been able to pick up about 500 rounds of 45 at wal mart, it's the first I've seen it on their shelves in months. I refuse to pay the higher gun shop/show prices so I check wally world almost daily.
I asked the other night at WallyWorld; duder said they had some a few days before, for a few hours after putting it on the shelves. I said i would check back. I would rather pay a little bit more & get ammo from a smaller shop. Oddly, i trust underwear from WW, but would rather get most important things somewhere else.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

There is one local shop that thru this whole mess has never raised their prices. If they have ammo, I buy it there. I try to keep my money local as well, I have to shops that I frequent. One doesn't charge me for transfers anymore which is AWESOME so I try to send business their way.
WW has been the only place i've been able to get a decent amount of ammo without breaking the bank.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #109

Default .308 Win -- any problems??

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
There is one local shop that thru this whole mess has never raised their prices. If they have ammo, I buy it there. I try to keep my money local as well, I have to shops that I frequent. One doesn't charge me for transfers anymore which is AWESOME so I try to send business their way.
WW has been the only place i've been able to get a decent amount of ammo without breaking the bank.
Spittinfire, how is your local market for .308 Win? Have you (or your friends) had any shortages?? Just curious.

I do not shoot that round myself, but I know it's in short supply locally; a friend got a couple boxes at Wal-Mart but was restricted to buying only 2 boxes a day. When he returned later, the supply was cleaned out.

I picked him up a couple of extra boxes as a favor when I drove out of town to buy my own ammo.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #110
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Spittinfire, how is your local market for .308 Win? Have you (or your friends) had any shortages?? Just curious.

I do not shoot that round myself, but I know it's in short supply locally; a friend got a couple boxes at Wal-Mart but was restricted to buying only 2 boxes a day. When he returned later, the supply was cleaned out.

I picked him up a couple of extra boxes as a favor when I drove out of town to buy my own ammo.
I can get bulk packs of 308 in a number of flavors, I'd have to check on a price. One thing we haven't run out of is 30 cal stuff and 270. I can even get WWB value packs of 223 and 7.62x39 at walmart all day long. Unfortunately I don't shoot either of these. If you want something shoot me a PM and I'll try to pick some up.