"Hoarding" Ammo... - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > "Hoarding" Ammo...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 02:18 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 38

The only ammo anyone needs to load-up on right now is imported ammo like 5.45x39 for the AK74s & others.
Because it only takes the stroke of a pen to stop the importation of ammo.
The US manufactures will still be able to produce ammo but as far as I know there is no one that makes those cal.s in the US.

Next time you are at the range look down, that brass you are walking on has value to reloaders. If you pick it up you can trade for the ammo that you use.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:10 AM   #92

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've been doing some thinking about stocking up on ammo at the upcoming gun show to my area.

What is everyone here stocking up most on, FMJ or JHP? (pistol ammo) It seems to me that the JHP are the rounds most difficult to come by in my area.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #93
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
I've been doing some thinking about stocking up on ammo at the upcoming gun show to my area.

What is everyone here stocking up most on, FMJ or JHP? (pistol ammo) It seems to me that the JHP are the rounds most difficult to come by in my area.
Too little, too late. If you don't already have a good supply then you'll be paying dearly for it now. FORGET Gun Show ammo, it's priced like gold.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:26 AM   #94

I agree that the increased demand will be with us for some time. I would call it "the new demand". Hopefully manufacturers are increasing their production.

Old 05-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #95

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post

Depending on price I would get enough HP ammo to survive until prices drop. I can't even get primers now and even .22 ammo is impossible to find.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 06-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #96

I've had my Glock for 3 weeks [one week was totally rain]. I've shot 100+ rounds through it. Is this considered overkill???

Old 06-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #97

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortswife97630 View Post
I've had my Glock for 3 weeks [one week was totally rain]. I've shot 100+ rounds through it. Is this considered overkill???
i shoot 200-300 rounds per visit, every other week. your mileage may vary, but I dont think that is overkill at all.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:23 PM   #98
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've been supplimenting my ammo by checking the local walmart almost daily, its just down the street from where I work. Sometimes I get lucky, somtimes I don'. When I do I grab a couple of boxes. I put it away, wife doesn't get mad at me for spending too much money, win-win situation.
I'm definately going to continue to do so until this ammo crazy calms down. I've had bullets and dies on order for 2 months, my powder is running low and I've got my local shop ordering some but who knows when it will get here.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Eat your heart out Benning Boy... this is just my "plinking" ammo and it's 4 boxes deep. I have 5 times this amount in "REAL" ammo. And then there's my reload cabinet. Probably 30,000 rounds total.
drool*

I do all my own reloading and have bins and bins full of ammo, It's kinda sad even with about 20k rounds, and a stock pile of brass, primers etc. I will still buy a box of primers when ever i come across them.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:15 PM   #100

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Hording ammo! Who the hell is hording ammo? Here is a couple pictures of my usual shooting supplies rotated back to front and restocked as needed when used.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”