HK or Xd

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > HK or Xd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default HK or Xd

My HK and XD with "nitride" or "Extreme Duty" finishes shows significant wear just from carrying beneath clothing without even firing it. Is this normal or a defect? Is there a possible warranty claim here?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Good clear pictures would show the extent of wear and aid us in answering. Ask Dillinger about commercial aftermarket coatings that's known to be tougher than any factory finish.

Old 04-14-2009, 01:43 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My XD nitride finish did not wear all that well either. I found regular doses of Tetra gunspray to make all the difference.FTI, Inc. - Tetra Gun Care Products Spray it on, wipe it down and after a couple treatments the XD looked better than new and was much less sensitive to scratching and holster/clothing wear marks.