Historical figures and their sidearms for $250? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Historical figures and their sidearms for $250?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,006
Liked 449 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Default

If I recall,,, Mother Theresa packed a British Howdah in .577 Snyder when she was younger, then opted for a " Lemon Squeezer" S & W in her later years due to weight and ammo availability in her area.

__________________
yazul42 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,454
Liked 1117 Times on 584 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

There is an incredible book if you can find it, published, I believe in the 50's, called The Album of Gunfighters. Best collection of photos and info on Old West lawmen and outlaws I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I loaned it out, along with my copies of Skeeter Skelton's two books, to a friend. Never got them back, he claims he can't find them.

GRRRRRR!

On of the one's that always interested me was "Mysterious Dave" Mather.

__________________
txpossum is offline  
rn-cindy Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mercator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,303
Liked 1791 Times on 1230 Posts
Likes Given: 909

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazul42 View Post
If I recall,,, Mother Theresa packed a British Howdah in .577 Snyder when she was younger, then opted for a " Lemon Squeezer" S & W in her later years due to weight and ammo availability in her area.
She preferred cross hairs for sight picture.
__________________
Mercator is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #24
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 16,577
Liked 8744 Times on 3779 Posts
Likes Given: 1342

Default

Owww! Well played, sir!

__________________

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

c3shooter is offline  
Mercator Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #25
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 16,577
Liked 8744 Times on 3779 Posts
Likes Given: 1342

Default

Wonder if Sir Edmund Hillary had one of these?

mountain-pistol.jpg

__________________

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:44 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tomingreeneco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Greene County,PA
Posts: 181
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
There is an incredible book if you can find it, published, I believe in the 50's, called The Album of Gunfighters. Best collection of photos and info on Old West lawmen and outlaws I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I loaned it out, along with my copies of Skeeter Skelton's two books, to a friend. Never got them back, he claims he can't find them.

GRRRRRR!

On of the one's that always interested me was "Mysterious Dave" Mather.
Have you ever read any of Ralph Compton's books. He mentions real time wild west gunfighters in his stories and mixes them in with the story. "Mysterious Dave" Mather is in a few of them along with many others. Good reading if you like old west fiction.
__________________

The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood.

tomingreeneco is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:15 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,454
Liked 1117 Times on 584 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomingreeneco View Post
Have you ever read any of Ralph Compton's books. He mentions real time wild west gunfighters in his stories and mixes them in with the story. "Mysterious Dave" Mather is in a few of them along with many others. Good reading if you like old west fiction.
I haven't read any of his. I'll have to give them a try.
__________________
txpossum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:28 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

Charles Goodnight was a real honest hero. Not a cowardly outlaw. Born in Illinois he moved to Texas. Goodnight was a cowboy, Texas Militiaman, Texas Ranger, Confederate Soldier and the most successful cattleman in the country. The story of Lonesome Dove was based on him and his partners lives. The Goodnight-Loving Trail was opened by these men.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Favorite Historical Firearms notdku History 90 04-24-2013 10:05 AM
Historical financial collapses Mosin The Club House 1 10-08-2012 05:56 PM
The historical ignorance of our youth robocop10mm The Club House 32 08-17-2012 05:58 PM
10 Fairly Unusual Historical Deaths Trez The Club House 3 06-26-2011 05:42 AM
Affordable Defensive Sidearms (2009) SGT-MILLER General Handgun Discussion 29 01-04-2009 12:15 AM