hiking in bear country - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > hiking in bear country

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 01:19 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ironically enough, I was on my way back from a backpacking excursion this morning and I encountered a large Brown Bear heading my direction on the trail I was using. I was armed with the 10mm and my can of UDAP at the time. I clanked my treking poles and yelled at him to let him know I was there and he stopped, looked, and turned around and galloped away. A short time later I saw him climb this mountain in like a minute when it would have taken me about an hour.

I have been charged by moose about 7 times but never by bears. I am glad this one was another non incident...

Luke 11:21
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:08 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

google bear flares most park and wild life agencies are supporting the use of this device if you have to kill an animal after deployment . it will be considered self defense Watch the video they cost forty bucks are safe and have many uses Im going to buy some for this years hunting season.