Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Handgun Discussion (
-   -   High Standard Repairs (

bolt_action14 04-23-2011 11:33 PM

High Standard Repairs
Hey guys. My dad and I were going through the barn the other day and we found an old High Standard HD Military Model and we managed to date it back to the '30s after talking to my grandfather. The spring in the magazine is rusted to hell and the slide doesn't slide back properly so even if I were to get the magazine to properly work the case would not eject after the weapon was fired. I can remove the slide easily and when I did I noticed that the spring in the top of the slide was crooked. I was wondering if anyone knew either: a) where I could get the parts to fix it; or, b) if there is a place I could send it for proper gunsmith work. Thanks!

Here's what the weapon looks like <-- this one isn't mine; I just found a picture online.

Sniper03 04-24-2011 12:04 AM


There is a excellent gunsmith in Centerville Indiana named Vern Trester. You should be able to find him on the Internet by putting in his name. He is one of the finest gunsmiths I have ever known and he has been smithing for years. Hope that helps! I would let a competent Gunsmith work on the pistol if it was mine. As you know they have not made them for some years now. That is a nice pistol. How is the bore?


bolt_action14 04-24-2011 12:17 AM

The bore is great. The weapon is in immaculate condition except for all the springs and the slide. I cleaned it thoroughly.

danf_fl 04-24-2011 12:50 AM

You could check Numrich Gun Parts Corporation
They may have something. Or check with a spring company that caters towards firearms.

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:25 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.