Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > hickok45 on youtube.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default hickok45 on youtube.

Has anyone seen his videos. As a new shooter I just wanted others opinions on the validity of the knowledge he shares.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #2

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

I think he's got some pretty honest reviews for firearms on his channel. I'm no expert, but he seems legit.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

He doesn't frequently express any negative opinion about the guns he demos, but he does a good job going over the features of each and his personality is great. You can tell he really has fun out there.

Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Old 05-11-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Hickock45 is pretty well known around the Youtube cyberspace. I find him to be acutely knowledgeable about handguns, shotguns, Uzi's, AR's, and AK47's.
Plus he is an affable guy to boot. He had recently lost his friend (Gunner) his dog.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #5

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststartin5272 View Post
Has anyone seen his videos. As a new shooter I just wanted others opinions on the validity of the knowledge he shares.
Just my opinion but anyone that can hit steel at about 200 yards with a 2" snub nose gets the benefit of the doubt with me. Seriously, his videos are both entertaining and informative to me. He seems to know his stuff, his reviews are practical to an average shooter and he gives all the guns a pretty thorough workout.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 05-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #6

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

He is the man. Just take it all with a grain of salt, he shoots and gives his opinion....can be funny too. Way better than that bed wetter nutnfancy

Old 05-11-2012, 10:54 PM   #7
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1613 Times on 842 Posts
Likes Given: 1304

He’s one of the few people that spends more time actually talking about the firearm, instead of extended descriptions of why he’s making the video, why he didn’t do it yesterday, what he bought at the store when he went shopping last week, what his cousin thought about something, what his favorite color of socks are, etc.

Hickock45 does more of that than I’d like as well, and he tends to repeat himself, but does provide enough meat about the firearm. What he is absolutely, is a dead shot. The videos of how he shoots pistols are what you want to watch.

My favorite firearm related videos so far are this guy’s:

http://www.youtube.com/user/sierra645#g/u
He doesn’t talk at all. The videos are actually little instructive movies about different aspects of long range shooting. I think they’re brilliant. Just make sure you play the ones in English.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:41 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 222 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Hickok45 is one of the very few YouTube gun enthusiasts that I frequently watch and put a great deal of stock in. Seems like a knowledgeable, skilled, and easy to relate to type of guy. Not full of himself or his stable of toys, but simply there to share information with other like-minded folks. I like his stuff a lot, and have found that I tend agree with many of his preferences. Now all I need to do is acquire that level of skill (a backyard range wouldn't hurt either).

I also like a lot of Nutnfancy's stuff. Honestly, I don't always agree with his preferences or perspective (and he does say "dude" way too much). But he offers up a great deal of useful information that the viewer can digest and make up their own mind about.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

If your in to guns, i would definitely sub to his channel. Beware, if your not a glock fan, you may not like his channel. But really, he stays objective to his vids.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:36 PM   #10

Liked 39 Times on 28 Posts

I love him and his sense of humor is great!