Hi-Standard

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Hi-Standard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hi-Standard

I need help. I just bought a 2" barrel for an old hi-standard 22lr sentinel and I cant figure how to remove the other barrel that's on it right now. I removed the barrel pin that is located on the bottom, but the barrel won't come off, it has never been removed in over 40 years, does it need a little force or is there something I'm missing. thanks:

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-24-2009, 03:38 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

While I don't own that model of gun myself, I would assume that the barrel threads into the frame, like most revolvers. A barrel vise will be needed & possibly a frame wrench, so you don't twist the frame...especially if the frame is aluminum (I don't know).
If it were me, I'd probably see what a smith would charge.