Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > hi-point,why you so ugly!?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default hi-point,why you so ugly!?

well after reading a topic on here about hi-points,and seeing several people as fans,i decided to look em up.I went to their site n looked up the 9mm,etc...and while i have no ill feelings twords the functionality of them(i've never shot one so cant judge) or anything like that. That being said,i personally my like guns to be a lil ascetically appealing and after looking over the 380,9mil,40,45acp...i must say they are some ugly ass guns ..i mean,they look like the toy guns i used to get as a kid that were made unrealistic looking so as to not be mistaken for real firearm..Ik my S&W SW9VE isnt a beauty or anything but damn,its better looking than a hi-point.(hi-point fans may now begin thinking of your your flaming attacks and rebuttals)

Now yes im fully aware that a weapon isnt about looks, its about funtionality ..basically pointing it at a target,pulling the trigger and it going bang and i get thier affordable to those who want a gun but dont have alot of cash..as well im aware im not carrying a $500+ gun either,but you'd think the people who design these things wouldn't let their 5 yr old kids draw the shape/design of thier handguns with crayon on the back of a denny's menu lol

just felt like sharing..let the scathing comments begin

S&W sigma 9mm
Savage arms .22 long rifle,w/ scope(had since 14)
you can take my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers..┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Last edited by REDMIST89; 05-22-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-22-2012, 06:21 AM   #2

Liked 69 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I have a Hi-Point. I really like it...that being said I still think it is one of the ugliest guns ever made. I don't think anyone is a fan of Hi-Point for thier looks. I think that they will all tell you that it is a very unattractive gun...

Everybody needs a little Devastation!

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 05-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Yep, their ugly as hell. Look at the bright side though, if you run out of ammo, you could always throw it at the BG.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan89 View Post
I have a Hi-Point. I really like it...that being said I still think it is one of the ugliest guns ever made. I don't think anyone is a fan of Hi-Point for thier looks. I think that they will all tell you that it is a very unattractive gun...
i oddly expected the 1st comment from a hi-point owner to tell me to STFU,im glad im not the only one to see the hi-points as well,functional ugly ducklings of the gun world.

S&W sigma 9mm
Attempting to give a f*ck: ███████████████████] 99% Complete... ERROR!: Unable to give a f*ck.
"Im gonna be that guy that has the room full of guns/knifes and enough ammo to out last the oncoming zombie apocalypse :D"-ME

Old 05-22-2012, 06:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDMIST89 View Post
i oddly expected the 1st comment from a hi-point owner to tell me to STFU,im glad im not the only one to see the hi-points as well,functional ugly ducklings of the gun world.
haha, I'm sure that we are not alone in that boat my friend.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:52 AM   #6

Quote:
haha, I'm sure that we are not alone in that boat my friend.
from the amount of hi-point dislike i saw in the prev thread,not sayin i hold anything against it,im not seeing much resistance to the idea coming haha..i have to ask though,since you own one? the grip looks uncomfortable to me,it really does..how is it to hold and shoot?

S&W sigma 9mm

Last edited by REDMIST89; 05-22-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Yep, their ugly as hell. Look at the bright side though, if you run out of ammo, you could always throw it at the BG.
haha he'd back up n run in fear of letting it touch him..might rub off like a curse, ha! now you shall own a hi-point(no offense jordan89) either that or it boomerangs back to you..that looks feasible

S&W sigma 9mm

Last edited by REDMIST89; 05-22-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:01 AM   #8

Quote:
haha he'd back up n run in fear of letting it touch him..might rub off like a curse, ha! now you shall own a hi-point(no offense jordan89)
Haha, none taken. One day I am going to do a range report/mini torture test on mine. I'm going to post the results here on this forum...should be fun.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Haha, none taken. One day I am going to do a range report/mini torture test on mine. I'm going to post the results here on this forum...should be fun.
def..see if the functionality,accuracy and claimed toughness outweigh the fact it looks like a overly done squirt gun in apperance

S&W sigma 9mm

Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
def..see if the functionality,accuracy and claimed toughness outweigh the fact it looks like a overly done squirt gun in apperance
That toughness is not just claimed, it's proven. It can handle a LOT of abuse that no normal gun should ever go through.

Hi-Point lovers, look away.

Jordan, I'd like to see how your range report/mini torture test goes. Just don't go as far as these guys.