hi-point pistol's made strong? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

hi-point pistol's made strong?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Who would you rather face a perp with a $100 Hipoint with 4000 rounds through it or a perp with a high end 1911 with 400?

Not a realistic comparison(4000 vs 400) but something to think about.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:23 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb_carpenter View Post
Who would you rather face a perp with a $100 Hipoint with 4000 rounds through it or a perp with a high end 1911 with 400?

Not a realistic comparison(4000 vs 400) but something to think about.
I'de take my chances against a perp who only shot 400 rds. The one that shot 4000 rds will probably be a heck of a lot more accurate. My body is going to be in a world of hurt no matter which handgun the .45 bullet came from.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:49 AM   #23

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

The pistol in the video was well used. Donated by a pawn shop and the abusers mentioned that this was a second go 'round with that pistol. Did it prove to not blow up? Yes. Did it break and was it not functioning properly? Yes. They also said at the end of the video that the gun will be going back to Hi-Point, but as far as the company sponsoring the video, no.

Obviously, there is a reason for the company to have a great warranty plan. Free lifetime no questions asked transferrable replacement. If they were as bad as everyone said along with the number sold annually, then how do they stay in business? If they blew up in people's faces like some would have you believe, then they would be out of business due to the liability insurance rates.

I have said this many times and I will say it again. Hi-Points are great for the price, but not a carry pistol. First line of home defense is up to the individual, but I say only if you have nothing else. Good shotty's can be had for nearly the same price. Wanna shoot and not worry about putting mileage on your expensive pistol, then get a Hi-Point and shoot it until it wears out. Send it back and get another one to pick up where you left off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-26-2011, 07:41 AM   #24

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I know I get all my handgun purchase information from YouTube testimonials.
I agree with you, generally speaking. But the guy that made that video, along with many other videos (iraqveteran8888), really knows what he is talking about. Although the hipoint test series was just joking around at first (before he himself was surprised by it because he thought they were absolute garbage too until he actually shot one) he has many very informative videos and i would wager that he knows guns better than just about anyone on this forum.

If you watch the whole series about the hipoints you will be amazed at what they go through and keep shooting. I doubt there are many pistols out there that can handle the abuse they put that thing through. Almost makes you proud to own one lol.