hi point pistols - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > hi point pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 04:10 PM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincev View Post
There seems to be a lot of comments about customer service on the Hi Point. Good guns dont have to have customer service.Ive sold brands that NEVER have to be sent back.LOL Just sayin.
Hi-Points, Glocks, Rugers and others are man made. Every buy a car that was made on Friday? The parts of guns like any machine is made of different materials and there is always a chance of a weak spot. In my case, the extractor on my XD40 chipped and I had a lot of failures to eject. Since Springfield has a lifetime warranty to the original owner, I was able to send it in quickly and receive it back repaired quickly at no cost. Most Hi-Points don't need repair, any more than any other gun, but if they do, no matter if you bought the gun new, used or abused, it's covered. That is neat. My two cent rant. Thanks for listening.

Dave

Old 08-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincev View Post
There seems to be a lot of comments about customer service on the Hi Point. Good guns dont have to have customer service.Ive sold brands that NEVER have to be sent back.LOL Just sayin.
I have been reading gun forums for a few years and no matter who the manufacture they all have a occasional problem child. I'd take a gun with a warranty and good customer service over a gun without any day.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #63

Liked 1076 Times on 715 Posts
Likes Given: 707

I think after reading that a lot of people here like them, and seeing that video, and their apparent customer service, I'd buy one. At under $200 it's worth it, esp. for a truck, fishing, beater, entry level gun. I don't even think they're that ugly. The 45 in OD looks pretty nice. The biggest thing I don't like so far is the DAO only. After everything I've heard I'm way curious to find out for myself.