hi point pistols - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > hi point pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default the customer looked at him & said "well if it's such a piece of sh*t then why are you

shops sell them because you can make money on them.They are heavy ,bulky and extremely cheaply built.use a lot of plastic.Some people like Kraft Macaroni and Cheese but that doesn't mean its good.Its cheap compared to real Macaroni and cheese.Spend your money any way you like but to try to convince people to buy one or try to convince people to not buy one is a waste of time.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkricket View Post
I to have also came very close to getting a high point, out of all the gun shops with in 100 miles only 1 shop sells them so i jump in my car speed on down there very very happy to pick up a C 9 as a beater gun, get there, first i see the price $219 + tax... a little over the MSRP, then i see the gun, the paint on the sights is worn almost all off, the plastic had bubbles in it and the gun had strings hanging every which way off of it and the slide was crunchy when pulled to the rear, ill wait untill i can get one for the MSRP or less.
Wow! I've never seen one for that much. I have owned one of each caliber, all new and all reliable and accurate. I sold them all except for the C9. It's too good of a pistol to sell. I had a small problem with magazine retention, so I called Hi-Point and they offered to repair it if I sent it in or they would send me a new spring. Since the spring is easy to get to and install, I opted for that and had it in less than 2 days, no charge. Great CS.

Dave

Old 08-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgray64 View Post
Wow! I've never seen one for that much.
In Philly on business I stopped by a inner city LGS to see a $240 price tag on a c-9. I guess in Philly they have a higher opinion of hi-point or they don't have access to the internet.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wow, I paid $137 for mine a few years ago. I have seen them lately for $149. Lots less than $240.

Dave

Old 08-24-2011, 01:31 AM   #55

More love for Hi-Point customer service...

I have the 40 cal carbine and it started stovepiping. So I let it sit around the house for a few months before I got around to shipping it back to hi-point last thursday. They called me on the following MONDAY to say they fixed the stovepipe problem and asked if I had any accuracy issues with the gun. When I told em no, just stovepiping, the guy said "well, the barrell was a little loose. Eh, we just put a new one on for ya." I thanked him. Come home today (tuesday) and a package is sitting in my door. I think they replaced EVERYTHING but the frame! I had to check the serial number to make sure it was the same gun! Looks brand new! They even threw in a magazine and a few other accesories! They might make bread-and-butter guns, but Hi Point customer service is second-to-none!

Old 08-24-2011, 02:27 AM   #56
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6733 Times on 3583 Posts
Likes Given: 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin67 View Post
More love for Hi-Point customer service...

I have the 40 cal carbine and it started stovepiping. So I let it sit around the house for a few months before I got around to shipping it back to hi-point last thursday. They called me on the following MONDAY to say they fixed the stovepipe problem and asked if I had any accuracy issues with the gun. When I told em no, just stovepiping, the guy said "well, the barrell was a little loose. Eh, we just put a new one on for ya." I thanked him. Come home today (tuesday) and a package is sitting in my door. I think they replaced EVERYTHING but the frame! I had to check the serial number to make sure it was the same gun! Looks brand new! They even threw in a magazine and a few other accesories! They might make bread-and-butter guns, but Hi Point customer service is second-to-none!
ok i might have to add their 45 carbine to my gunsafe. wonder if it would be safe to bore out to 460 rowland dimensions...
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 08-24-2011, 02:52 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ok i might have to add their 45 carbine to my gunsafe. wonder if it would be safe to bore out to 460 rowland dimensions...
Remind me not to be on the range when you shoot it. Hi_points are fine pistols but they are built to rigid specifications and if you change part of them, I wouldn't bet on anything. You have to figure your slide weight, spring weight and such.

Dave

Old 08-24-2011, 03:06 AM   #58
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6733 Times on 3583 Posts
Likes Given: 504

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgray64 View Post
Remind me not to be on the range when you shoot it. Hi_points are fine pistols but they are built to rigid specifications and if you change part of them, I wouldn't bet on anything. You have to figure your slide weight, spring weight and such.

Dave
im well aware of the issue involved in such a thing. normally the case and how much it is supported is the real issue along with spring weight and slide weight or in the carbine bolt weight as you say.

if i was actully going to do it it would be fired with a string lashed to an old tire from several 10s of yards away after heavy mods to the innards.

bt 45acp is good enough im just wishful thinking. maybe ill suggest it in a email to hi-point. maybe they will make a 44mag version...
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 08-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

What I'd rather experiment with is a smaller slide and heavier spring so that the guns wouldn't be so top heavy. Fun to dream and experiment, huh? Let me know if you ever try something.

Dave

Old 08-25-2011, 04:51 AM   #60

There seems to be a lot of comments about customer service on the Hi Point. Good guns dont have to have customer service.Ive sold brands that NEVER have to be sent back.LOL Just sayin.