Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > hi point pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2011, 12:49 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Here is a link to Scott's video:
Trying to Break A Hi Point - Handguns

Makes me cringe every time I watch. He still has the gun and it's working just fine.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:28 PM   #32

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
i still can't see the point. 3rd gen s&w police trade ins and even some glock trade ins can be had for just a few dollars more than a new hi point. Why not delay instant gratification and save a few more dollars for a good gun from a more reputable manufacturer? It doesn't make sense to me...
this=truth

Old 08-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #33

Default There was a time when I used to do the same. I had to have as many guns as I could ge

Quantity does not come close to quality.A newbee usually tries to buy every cheap gun in a gun shop.seasoned shooters look for quality firearms at good prices.They are the ones that find the prize in the cabinet. Is your life only worth a $150 forearm?If thats all its worth then buy the gun. Buying a firearm is akin to buying a car.Cheap or expensive they will get you from A to B.How do you want to roll?There are reasons why there are cheap guns and cars and expensive ones.I would rather see someone go home and save up a few more dollars and buy something of quality.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #34

Liked 694 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 712

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincev View Post
Quantity does not come close to quality.A newbee usually tries to buy every cheap gun in a gun shop.seasoned shooters look for quality firearms at good prices.They are the ones that find the prize in the cabinet. Is your life only worth a $150 forearm?If thats all its worth then buy the gun. Buying a firearm is akin to buying a car.Cheap or expensive they will get you from A to B.How do you want to roll?There are reasons why there are cheap guns and cars and expensive ones.I would rather see someone go home and save up a few more dollars and buy something of quality.
Take a look at the top 20 cars that have issues! Read this before you make that annalogy.
2010 Car Ownership Costs - InternetAutoGuide.com

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:25 PM   #35

Quote:
True but sometimes a person only needs one gun and all they have to spend is about $150. In that case I would hate for someone to die wishing they had a gun in their hand and not having one because they decided to wait a few more months to get the money together for a "better" gun... The firearms market has an good entry for every need.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #36

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
I agree with some of your post. You do get what you pay for. A cheap price doesn't mean poor quality. Hi points are cheaper than most guns yes but that in it self doesn't make them bad guns. From what research I have done they had a poor mag design. That has been fixed and can be upgraded pretty easy.

I remember glock coming out years ago and people bashing them for being plastic. And now they are one of the top pistols. Same for m16, when it was released how much bad press did they get? Was it justified, I think so. But it was bad ammo not the fire arm.

I am willing to take a chance with hi point being in the top in a few years

Old 08-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #37

Liked 694 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 712

Even if it is not on top, 100% reliable makes a difference. You can buy a Jaguar for $80,000.00 or a Mitsubisi for 25,000.00, the mitsu will cost less to operate and require less maintenance over-all.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #38

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambli View Post
Here is a link to Scott's video:
Trying to Break A Hi Point - Handguns

Makes me cringe every time I watch. He still has the gun and it's working just fine.

After the test guessing he cleaned and oiled the gun, did that fix the slide not moving back up in place?

Old 08-09-2011, 03:05 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhawk77 View Post
After the test guessing he cleaned and oiled the gun, did that fix the slide not moving back up in place?
After cleaning and oiling the gun is running just fine now.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #40

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Take a look at the top 20 cars that have issues! Read this before you make that annalogy.
2010 Car Ownership Costs - InternetAutoGuide.com
I'm up 4 hours before I wanted to be, and quite annoyed about it, but this made me chuckle . Good point!

I had a 995 Carbine years ago that I often regret selling. I knew a guy once that had a great-condition C9 given to him (very lightly used, or possibly new, I don't quite remember) and said "they only have 8rd mags because if you shoot more than that at once the barrel will crack in half." I rolled my eyes and offered to buy it off him right then, but it wouldn't do it :P .