Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > hi point pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5334 Times on 2784 Posts
Likes Given: 339

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
from a more reputable manufacturer?
i beg to differ there. hipoint is a very reputable company. just cuz the price is cheap doesnt make the company dishonest. ive never personally seen anyone at the range with a highpoint having problems.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #12

Liked 1767 Times on 1133 Posts
Likes Given: 911

Quote:
I still can't see the point. 3rd Gen S&W police trade ins and even some Glock trade ins can be had for just a few dollars more than a new Hi Point. Why not delay instant gratification and save a few more dollars for a good gun from a more reputable manufacturer? It doesn't make sense to me...
Not trying to argue, but what leads you to this statement? Have you had trouble with them?
I had a Hi-Point .45 and never had a single problem, so I really can't vouch for their customer service, but I have never personally heard of anyone who has.
The only reason I sold my Hi-Point was to use the cash for another purchase. I'd buy another one in a second if a deal came my way.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:02 PM   #13

I actually looked into buying a hi point 9mm last year but didn't have my money situation work out correctly but am looking into it again in about 2 weeks gonna try and get my very first gun! I can't wait.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #14

Liked 425 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by group17

Glock and S&W trade ins for a few dollars more than $150?
Where might I find those?
I haven't seen a decent police trade in Glock or S&W semi auto for less than $300.

The point is owning a new pistol with a warranty for $150 that shoots accurately and stays reliable. If you read the 500 threads on hi point guns posted you know what your getting.
I'm seeing various police trade ins for $275 ballpark at gun shows locally.

I've learned the hard way too many times that most of the time you get what you pay for.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #15

Liked 425 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

i beg to differ there. hipoint is a very reputable company. just cuz the price is cheap doesnt make the company dishonest. ive never personally seen anyone at the range with a highpoint having problems.
Maybe I've had my head in the sand for too long. But Hi Point doesn't have near the reputation that S&W has, at least not where I come from. I'm not saying anything negative about Hi Point, so don't be so defensive. Just saying they haven't been around nearly as long as S&W and havent build near the same reputation.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by group17 View Post
Glock and S&W trade ins for a few dollars more than $150?
Where might I find those?
I haven't seen a decent police trade in Glock or S&W semi auto for less than $300.

The point is owning a new pistol with a warranty for $150 that shoots accurately and stays reliable. If you read the 500 threads on hi point guns posted you know what your getting.
hell, let me know too!

theres no way in hell id by a hi-point .45 for 150. there bulky, ugly, and jingle more than a wind chime. but-hi point makes some of the best barrels in the world.

the reason they went ahead and started making the guns around the barrels is just to have that added money from selling a firearm. for 150 bucks ur basically buying the barrel.

If Sam Colt made men equal, then John Moses Browning made some men better than others.

Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4."

Old 08-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #17
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Why would you give your wife a Glock, do you not love her?

Old 08-04-2011, 12:14 AM   #18

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Why would you give your wife a Glock, do you not love her?
She would be welcome to take the hi point but the glock is a bit lighter. I love my glock but just not in the shape to buy another right now($500-600)

Old 08-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #19

Liked 1689 Times on 952 Posts
Likes Given: 1131

I had a Highpoint 45. Great gun. Never a problem. I only got rid of it because it was to big and bulky. I am considering getting another just to throw into a back pack for an emergency type grap and go bag. I can't see leaving a $900 gun in a pack pack to never get shot. I think a High Point would fit the bill just fine.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:03 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5334 Times on 2784 Posts
Likes Given: 339

Quote:
Maybe I've had my head in the sand for too long. But Hi Point doesn't have near the reputation that S&W has, at least not where I come from. I'm not saying anything negative about Hi Point, so don't be so defensive. Just saying they haven't been around nearly as long as S&W and havent build near the same reputation.
im not defensive i dont own a hi point but ive never fired or handled or seen a bad one and everything ive heard about their CS is they are a no BS no questions asked 100% warranty type company.

they havent been around that long but i would trust hipoint CS before i trust kimber CS

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...