Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   hi point pistols (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/hi-point-pistols-46201/)

warhawk77 08-03-2011 02:00 PM

hi point pistols

I am thinking of picking up a hi point 9mm. I have one of the carbine 9mm and love it. So thinking about a backup pistol for me and give my glock to my wife.

I also know it is about 50/50 on those that hate/love them. For those that love them my question is. If I buy one that jams a lot what do you do to fix the problems? I know they ate warranty but not sure what that covers.

Wambli 08-03-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warhawk77 (Post 555206)
I am thinking of picking up a hi point 9mm. I have one of the carbine 9mm and love it. So thinking about a backup pistol for me and give my glock to my wife.

I also know it is about 50/50 on those that hate/love them. For those that love them my question is. If I buy one that jams a lot what do you do to fix the problems? I know they ate warranty but not sure what that covers.

Scott Mayer, Editor of the Guns and Ammo website made a bet with the President of Hi-Point. He received one of their handguns and the bet was he would either return it in a bag in pieces or he would buy it after a crazy torture test. He now owns the gun...

warhawk77 08-03-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wambli (Post 555210)
Scott Meyer, Editor of the Guns and Ammo website made a bet with the President of Hi-Point. He received one of their handguns and the bet was he would either return it in a bag in pieces or he would buy it after a crazy torture test. He now owns the gun...

I am about 95% sure I won't have a problem but wondering what if. I am sure they are like most companies some times a bad one makes it thru.

I don't have unlimited cash my "hobby" so I like to save on what I can. So to me the hi point looks like a good option. Life time warranty can't be all wrong right.

JonM 08-03-2011 02:26 PM

Never heard anything but awesome about their customer service.

dks7895 08-03-2011 02:52 PM

I've owned a 995 carbine. I never had any issues with feeding or firing. I sold it to a friend because he wanted it. I have thought of buying a C-9 as a beater/truck gun. The slide is big and made of zamak, but engineered well. Let us know if you get one.

group17 08-03-2011 06:51 PM

Go to the hi point forum and search the General Hi-Point Discussion sticky's. They actually have a diagram showing the correct spacing of the mag lips plus lots of user feed back and tips.

Hipoint Firearms Forums - Index

My used C-9 served me well for years until I gave it to my brother for his first pistol when he got into shooting. He has had zero problems as well. Good luck with yours.

canebrake 08-03-2011 06:59 PM

I am getting to like these Hi-Point stories.

This is my favorite! The Hi-Point will be used to replace a glock!

I think that speaks volumes about both marks. :p

Olympus 08-03-2011 07:19 PM

I still can't see the point. 3rd Gen S&W police trade ins and even some Glock trade ins can be had for just a few dollars more than a new Hi Point. Why not delay instant gratification and save a few more dollars for a good gun from a more reputable manufacturer? It doesn't make sense to me...

orangello 08-03-2011 07:25 PM

^^^ Those $300 5906 trade-ins do look tempting.

group17 08-03-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympus (Post 555377)
I still can't see the point. 3rd Gen S&W police trade ins and even some Glock trade ins can be had for just a few dollars more than a new Hi Point. Why not delay instant gratification and save a few more dollars for a good gun from a more reputable manufacturer? It doesn't make sense to me...

Glock and S&W trade ins for a few dollars more than $150?
Where might I find those?
I haven't seen a decent police trade in Glock or S&W semi auto for less than $300.

The point is owning a new pistol with a warranty for $150 that shoots accurately and stays reliable. If you read the 500 threads on hi point guns posted you know what your getting.