Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Hi Point C9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 04:41 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 31 Posts

I noticed that just today. The 9mm carbine was just two weeks ago $259, today it's $329.???

Old 10-01-2012, 07:47 AM   #22

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Hi point uses a blowback operated cycle. This will result in more recoil than a comparable gun with a locking breech. Even the larger calibers like the .45 are blowback. The slide is heavier so the recoil spring doesn't need to be very strong. I think that's why most of them are so bulky up top. Just get ready for a harder kick than normal. Otherwise it should be a reliable gun. It's striker fired, similar to the glock, but not quite the same design. Part of the pricepoint is the absence of wear treatments and cheaper materials, but they have a lifetime warranty so no big deal. It does what a gun needs to do. It shoots. Worth the money if you need something that shoots.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

I own three HiPoints and love all of them.They shoot every time,don't care what ammo I feed them and are as accurate as a lot of other higher priced guns,in fact my sons biggest laugh is his .45 HiPoint, he shoots it with other owners of a lot more expensive guns and usually out shoots them! Now the 9's won't do that,but he has a great .45,very accurate.They are great guns.As far as recoil,most everyone that I know thats shot one says the recoil is softer.They're warranty is probably among the best.I bought one at a gun show for $35. the gun was a complete wreck,I sent it to HiPoint and a few weeks later reicieved a brand new gun,thats service! Don't listen to the "experts" that say they are junk,they obviously don't know squat.Get one,you can't go wrong. morayman......

Last edited by morayman; 10-01-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #24

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by morayman View Post
I own three HiPoints and love all of them.They shoot every time,don't care what ammo I feed them and are as accurate as a lot of other higher priced guns,in fact my sons biggest laugh is his .45 HiPoint, he shoots it with other owners of a lot more expensive guns and usually out shoots them! Now the 9's won't do that,but he has a great .45,very accurate.They are great guns.As far as recoil,most everyone that I know thats shot one says the recoil is softer.They're warranty is probably among the best.I bought one at a gun show for $35. the gun was a complete wreck,I sent it to HiPoint and a few weeks later reicieved a brand new gun,thats service! Don't listen to the "experts" that say they are junk,they obviously don't know squat.Get one,you can't go wrong. morayman......
They have some interesting torture tests on YouTube of the hi point. They did the usual dunking in mud and sand, but they went the extra mile and pounded rods and other obstructions into the barrel with hammers to try to blow it up, and it didn't. The barrel bulged after a while and it kept firing. Firing all sorts of loads through it. They finally blew it up after a long time by threading a bolt into the barrel and clamping it down with a vise. Either way, for as cheap as it is, it could be the most reliable semi-auto handgun I've ever seen for the price paid.

I just wish they would make them less ugly. I suppose with the blowback the slide needs to be huge to dampen the recoil a bit. It looks rather like a BB gun at first glance. Very bulky. But if the sh** hits the fan, I wouldn't really care what it looks like. I'd be more than happy with a few of these on hand.

These guys are pretty crazy, so these videos aren't for the deadly serious viewers out there.

http://youtu.be/AbvvurXmAmghttp://youtu.be/2FoWpog5KU4http://youtu.be/dTBG01eYn78

Old 10-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #25

Liked 1671 Times on 1079 Posts
Likes Given: 851

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareebrownbeest View Post
Funny, I just had a thought "fill up my diesel truck or go buy a Hi Point?
Go for the Hi Point. You can cab it for a week.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by slog

They have some interesting torture tests on YouTube of the hi point. They did the usual dunking in mud and sand, but they went the extra mile and pounded rods and other obstructions into the barrel with hammers to try to blow it up, and it didn't. The barrel bulged after a while and it kept firing. Firing all sorts of loads through it. They finally blew it up after a long time by threading a bolt into the barrel and clamping it down with a vise. Either way, for as cheap as it is, it could be the most reliable semi-auto handgun I've ever seen for the price paid.

I just wish they would make them less ugly. I suppose with the blowback the slide needs to be huge to dampen the recoil a bit. It looks rather like a BB gun at first glance. Very bulky. But if the sh** hits the fan, I wouldn't really care what it looks like. I'd be more than happy with a few of these on hand.

These guys are pretty crazy, so these videos aren't for the deadly serious viewers out there.

Video Link: http://youtu.be/AbvvurXmAmg
Video Link: http://youtu.be/2FoWpog5KU4
Video Link: http://youtu.be/dTBG01eYn78
Okay after those videos I'm sold. Going to have to wait a couple weeks though, I just ordered a savage mark 2 fv-sr.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #27

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

I actually Carry a hi point c9 despite what many videos and all my friends say about the look and bulk I like it a lot havent had any issues after 400 rounds

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Last edited by gearhead396; 10-02-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #28

Yea I have a friend looking at a glock 27, but after I showed him those torture test videos I think he's going to get the hi point 40.