Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Hi Point C9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 27 Posts

Nice, I guess Hi Point doesn't recommend tearing them down all the way to clean anyway from what I've gathered. It sounds decent to me, I'm going to check em out over the weekend.

Old 09-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #12

Funny, I just had a thought "fill up my diesel truck or go buy a Hi Point?

Old 09-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #13

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
If you hold a glock, a hi point and a porter cable drill side by side you would think they all came from the same place. There is nothing wrong with the hi point. they are hard to carry but they shoot just fine. I have had the pleasure of shooting a bunch of them. they are difficult to clean. many people can't reassemble them. I help them out and shoot up the rest of their ammo testing the beast.
Very true of the cleaning aspect, they are terrible to tear down. Some my cringe at the thought of this; I have never cleaned either of my hi-points. I once read on hi-points forum site, "to shoot the gun until it will not shoot anymore, then send it back and we will take care of whatever may be the issue."

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Old 09-22-2012, 04:15 AM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshoot91

Very true of the cleaning aspect, they are terrible to tear down. Some my cringe at the thought of this; I have never cleaned either of my hi-points. I once read on hi-points forum site, "to shoot the gun until it will not shoot anymore, then send it back and we will take care of whatever may be the issue."
I only took mine down to prove a point to myself that I could do it. Almost wish I hadn't. Funky designs in there. But it has always gone bang and again 1000+ rounds with oeiginal factory lube job.

Old 09-22-2012, 04:27 AM   #15

Ha ha lube job

Old 09-27-2012, 01:58 AM   #16

Liked 60 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 2

i had one nouthing but problems sent it to hipoint twice never worked traded it for a rifle

Old 09-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #17

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

some people have broken anvils too

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Babyfacenelson Likes This 
Old 09-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 1717 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 1295

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareebrownbeest View Post
Got my eye on one this Friday at a Turners that's having it's grand opening. $159. Can't go wrong. I've been doing research on them and so far the goods out weigh the bads. Anyone here have any input or first hand experience with them?
The MSRP on that gun is $155. You may not be getting the bargain you think you are. I would check around if it was me.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 AM   #19

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertusa123
i had one nouthing but problems sent it to hipoint twice never worked traded it for a rifle
That sucks since it's a lifetime warranty for the gun. At least whoever bought it from you is eventually guaranteed a working gun.

Great gun for money. Heavy for only 8 rounds though.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:18 AM   #20

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
The MSRP on that gun is $155. You may not be getting the bargain you think you are. I would check around if it was me.
Right now it's very hard to find a hi point for under MSRP. In fact most are going well above MSRP. My wife wanted a carbine. The LGS said $250 when they come in. When they came in it was $329. For that price we are saving up for a better carbine. We can get by with the one we have for now.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/