Hi Point C9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Hi Point C9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 70 Times on 41 Posts

Default Hi Point C9

Got my eye on one this Friday at a Turners that's having it's grand opening. $159. Can't go wrong. I've been doing research on them and so far the goods out weigh the bads. Anyone here have any input or first hand experience with them?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #2

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Do a quick search, Hi Points have been talked about a great deal on here. I have shot the .45 version and while it did go bang and was somewhat accurate, I found it to be uncomfortable, bulky and ugly. IMO if all you have is $150 and you need a handgun NOW, get the Hi Point, if you can afford to wait and save up, get something nicer. They do make nice truck/boat guns.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:25 PM   #3

I'm in no real hurry but would like something for that "just in case". I'm more into rifles, never owned a handgun before so I thought this might be a good entry level. Did carry a Sig .40 in the Sheriff academy and learned how to use it, year it down, clean it properly, etc. that was a nice pistol but very expensive (for my budget).

Old 09-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #4

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

It all boils down to what you want the gun for. For range use/home defense a Hi Point is fine, but again it's not going to feel as nice (that's subjective I know) as a more expensive gun. There are a ton of nice semi autos in the $300-400 range. Get to a shop and start checking them out. The best gun for you is the one that feels the best in your hand and that you shoot the best.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #5

Thanks I will check some out.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:14 PM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Have to add: owned Colt and Glock. Have HiPoint 9 and 45. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and, as an actual owner that regularly shoots both, I fail to see the much-used "ugly" term. They're amongst the cheapest center-fires out there. They're aceptable range guns. For accurracy I prefer a reasonably priced Hammerli 22 Trailside. Truth is nothing to complain about. Extra weight and heft helps perceived recoil. Not very unconcealable if that's your goal but, truly most owners like myself, to spite the haters, would and do recommend them for what they are. Calling them junk, especially with their warranty and service, especially from anon-owner, is a disservice to our community. Have there been problems? Sure. But also their great majority have been resolved. Got nothing good to say? Move on!

Old 09-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #7

Thanks that's what I want to hear, some actual owners perspectives and from all the searching I've done I am pretty sold on this gun. I don't care about looks or concealment, I just want something low maintenance, accurate and reliable. Oh and cheap

Old 09-20-2012, 11:38 PM   #8

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

I own two c9's. My advice would be to try to get your hands on a used one, with a nice price break.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Old 09-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

C9s are excellent value for the price. Great lifetime warranty that follows the gun not the owner. Very accurate
Mine eats everything but steel cased ammo once I worked the magazine springs in.

They are a pain to take down and as a result I had 1000 rounds through before I did for the first time.

Cons. Heavy , 8 rounds for a gun the size if a glock 19. Very stiff safety and not everyone who owns one feels comfortable keeping a round chambered. I don't.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #10

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

If you hold a glock, a hi point and a porter cable drill side by side you would think they all came from the same place. There is nothing wrong with the hi point. they are hard to carry but they shoot just fine. I have had the pleasure of shooting a bunch of them. they are difficult to clean. many people can't reassemble them. I help them out and shoot up the rest of their ammo testing the beast.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/