Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   hi-point .40 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/hi-point-40-a-51548/)

wvhillbilly 11-10-2011 05:58 PM

hi-point .40

i have several hi-point .40's they perform great sure they are heavy nut true lifetime warranty and great price why buy guns for name rather than actual use?

IGETEVEN 11-10-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wvhillbilly (Post 624311)
i have several hi-point .40's they perform great sure they are heavy nut true lifetime warranty and great price why buy guns for name rather than actual use?

You do have a valid point.

Name, proven reliability, comfort, fit, purpose and resale/trade often are key factors that determine one's decision when obtaining a handgun.

But mainly one stays away from Hi-Points to avoid this......

http://www.countrytalk.co.uk/assets/...p_laughing.gif

:cool:

Overkill0084 11-10-2011 07:43 PM

One could hunt down a perfectly seviceable AMC Pacer as well. Why spend tens of thousands on a newer car or truck?

trip286 11-10-2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overkill0084 (Post 624381)
One could hunt down a perfectly seviceable AMC Pacer as well. Why spend tens of thousands on a newer car or truck?

Isn't the Pacer a notorious lemon?

There's a bit of a difference there, all my experiences with Hi Points have been great, and many owners say the same thing. Really, I think I hear fewer complaints about Hi Points (I'm not counting aesthetics, but quality and performance) than the complaints I hear about Kimber.

Overkill0084 11-10-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 624415)
Isn't the Pacer a notorious lemon?

There's a bit of a difference there, all my experiences with Hi Points have been great, and many owners say the same thing. Really, I think I hear fewer complaints about Hi Points (I'm not counting aesthetics, but quality and performance) than the complaints I hear about Kimber.

I did specify "Perfectly serviceable."
I'm not expert on Pacers, but aside from being ridiculous, I thought they were no worse than any other domestic offering from that era.

HOSSFLY 11-10-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wvhillbilly (Post 624311)

To avoid embarrassment ?:rolleyes:

trip286 11-10-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overkill0084 (Post 624425)
I did specify "Perfectly serviceable."
I'm not expert on Pacers, but aside from being ridiculous, I thought they were no worse than any other domestic offering from that era.

Yes you did. Sorry about that. And yes they are pretty ridiculous.

Hey did you know the makers of Yugo made a bigger version? They called it the "Wego".

HOSSFLY 11-10-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 624472)
Yes you did. Sorry about that. And yes they are pretty ridiculous.

Hey did you know the makers of Yugo made a bigger version? They called it the "Wego".

:p:p:p

Then theres the DuoGo - made for two
The FewGo- made for 3
And the AllGo- But that one requires a trailor pkg :rolleyes:

I think the ones you find now days are just called - NO GO :o

kystang90 11-11-2011 06:45 PM

All jokes aside everybody can own which brand they choose as it's a free country but comparing a hi- point to a kimber is, well there is no comparison!

trip286 11-11-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kystang90
All jokes aside everybody can own which brand they choose as it's a free country but comparing a hi- point to a kimber is, well there is no comparison!

The original options were "hi point or sigma." As to my hi point and kimber comparison, I wasn't comparing the two, I was stating that I hear more kimber owners bitching about their guns than I do hi point owners. I would feel perfectly comfortable any day of the week doing a side by side between sigma and hi point.