Hey New to forum.... HK, Sig, or other
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Hey New to forum.... HK, Sig, or other

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 10:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hey New to forum.... HK, Sig, or other

Hey everyone I'm relatively new to the forum, you guys seem awesome and knowledgeable. I look forward to meeting and getting to know some of you.

Now to the point. I have an FN five-seven that I bought a while back (didn't sign for it I am just 16) but I honestly can't afford to shoot it and I really don't enjoy shooting it as much as I thought I would. I have been shooting since before I can remember and I really like handguns most of all. Currently I just have the FN and a Glock 34 which I love.

Im looking at an HK P30 in 9mm, Sig P229 in 40sw, Sig P220, or maybe a 1911. I would really like a Sig, I have no shooting experience with any HKs and there is nothing better than a quality 1911. I'm looking for a full size pistol because I wont be able to CC for a few years. I value your opinions, if you have any other suggestions I welcome them and I look forward to getting to know you all.

God Bless America

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-30-2010, 04:58 AM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Hi AI,

Try to try them out at your local range. When I was your age they would let me rent guns and shoot at our local indoor range, but times are not the same now. You will need a parent along to even legally handle them.

Take along a parent and go somewhere where you can try them all, and see what fits your hand best. Every hand fits different guns differently. No matter how cool one gun may be, if it doesn't fit you it is not right for you. At the very least go to a store with a big selection, but the better choice is a range with rental guns.

Try some and let us know what you like. Then we will offer some suggestions.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-30-2010, 07:57 PM   #3

Thanks I hadn't really thought of that. There is a local Bud's gun shop and they just built a new indoor range. Don't know if they are renting firearms yet but ill check it out.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:07 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 258 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedinfidel View Post
Thanks I hadn't really thought of that. There is a local Bud's gun shop and they just built a new indoor range. Don't know if they are renting firearms yet but ill check it out.
I'd imagine almost everyone on these boards wishes they could say they have a local Bud's gun shop.

My first handgun was a Sig (p226). Hindsight 20/20, I'd have gone in a different direction. Don't get me wrong...it's a fine gun and I haven't been motivated enough to sell it or anything...but it's a bit on the spendy side IMO. There are some great guns out there for much less. But that's just my own personal taste.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #5

I just got back from Bud's. HK usp 40 ......awesome.

Thanks for the help.