Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Heritage Rough Rider 22cal.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 03:27 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonlx View Post
Damn dude that sucks and I believe you!...I just think that some gun companies just have a hard time admitting that it was a mistake on their part and that it's not always user error...Let me know if they will replace it for you..Keep us updated.
yes i will definately keep all informed.

i had a different rough rider for a long time and never had a barrel prob.

since hearing of heritage's reluctance to fix it on their dime,

im going to take it back to the shop i got it from (ace sporting goods in washington PA) awesome shop by the way

they give a 1 year warranty on all their guns,
and im sure it would be easier for them to get it replaced by heritage than it would be for me to try to.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #42

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I've had one of their 22 revolvers for about 8 years and several thousand rounds. No problems at all with either 22's or 22 magnums.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #43

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

If you bought the gun with a credit or debit card you consumer protection should cover the cost to replace the gun. My credit card company gave kel tec hell and took no BS from them. Visa actually has a consumer advocate that knows guns.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-29-2012, 03:20 AM   #44

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyb631
I been shooting a Heritage 22 lr for a few years and i mean it gets used a lot and I never had a problem and I keep hearing of problems with them,,,

I think i just got lucky...
Same goes for me.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #45

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I have a Heritage I shoot a lot my self. Never had a minutes trouble from it. But that doesn't mean your Heritage isn't broke. Neither does it mean you should you foot the bill for the repairs. I would give them one more call to their tech support line. If I didn't get a positive reaction, I would find myself a lawyer. Time I got done with Heritage they would have tech support people that say "Yes Sir and No Maam."

All jokes aside in the case of a total malfunction like you experienced your health was in serious danger. Heritage runs batches of pot metal guns. Then they run batches of decent steel in the same equipment. It looks like someone didn't clean things properly before starting a new batch of parts. A metal test as CaneBrake suggested would be a small investment for the payoff you will receive. It makes no difference how Heritage writes their paperwork. A consumer can not be forced to sign away liability.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 10-29-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #46

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
Heritage e-mailed me back, they say they will look into the problem if you want to provide your name & the serial # of the gun. You are welcome to e-mail me the info, I would be happy to relay it to them.
Bill, that's a fine thing you did for him.

USN Vet
Retired LEO
" o xein angellein Lakedaimoniois hote tede
keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi"