Heritage Rough Rider 22cal. - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Heritage Rough Rider 22cal.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default ruff rider

just bought a ruff rider fire 1022lr though it no problems fired 2 22 mags and the barrel and housing split from front to back, wrote them they said must be a squib it was not a squib both rounds sounded the same.
note a squib is when first bullet does not leave the barrel and the second runs into it this was not what happen i thing gun is poorly built anyone else have one do that

That or it just done blowed up.[/QUOTE]

Old 02-10-2011, 02:00 AM   #32

Thats what happen to me as you can see in my pics a couple pages back .Heritage told me the same thing . How old is your gun ? Now i cant even give it away .
Bill

Old 02-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #33

Default ruffrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassdawgbill View Post
Thats what happen to me as you can see in my pics a couple pages back .Heritage told me the same thing . How old is your gun ? Now i cant even give it away .
Bill

my gun was one day old just bought it at mc sports the day before. really not happy about this.told heritage i want the money back no reponse except for the first one where they said it was a squib.

Did you send yours into them?

Old 02-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #34

I really argued with them on the phone several times . I told them i was going to post my pics on gun forums an tell how they treated me . They told me they dont care what i do . I told them i should sue them ,we could of got hurt .They will not budge so i sent my gun to them an they put a new barrel on it but i had to pay for it . Let me know how you did ?
Good Luck ,
Bill

Old 02-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #35

Default ruffrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassdawgbill View Post
I really argued with them on the phone several times . I told them i was going to post my pics on gun forums an tell how they treated me . They told me they dont care what i do . I told them i should sue them ,we could of got hurt .They will not budge so i sent my gun to them an they put a new barrel on it but i had to pay for it . Let me know how you did ?
Good Luck ,
Bill
the store mc sports sent mine in for me . i have heard nothing yet. it was one day old it should cost nothing to repair but ill let you know email me stanbori@hotmail,com faster chat where did you buy yours?

Old 02-11-2011, 04:20 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Did you guys have the same model & have you compared serial numbers? Maybe it was just a bad batch and backed up by crappy service.

At least my nephew hasn't picked up one yet, though he is/was considering one.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroom View Post
the store mc sports sent mine in for me . i have heard nothing yet. it was one day old it should cost nothing to repair but ill let you know email me stanbori@hotmail,com faster chat where did you buy yours?
My friend died an i bought mine from his wife , he bought in in 2005.
bassdawgbill@comcast.net

Old 02-14-2011, 11:43 PM   #38

Well i sold it to Gander Mountains for $75 . Thats my last Heritage i can tell you that .

Old 04-04-2012, 02:35 AM   #39

i just had this happen to my heritage revolver.

it split all the way from the forcing cone to the muzzle,

there were no squibs because the i can hear every hit on the steel target.

shot about 400 rounds through it since ive owned the gun (about 2 months)

ill post pics as soon as i unpack my camera that takes good macro pics.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:11 AM   #40

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Damn dude that sucks and I believe you!...I just think that some gun companies just have a hard time admitting that it was a mistake on their part and that it's not always user error...Let me know if they will replace it for you..Keep us updated.