Heritage Rough Rider 22cal. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Heritage Rough Rider 22cal.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
Heritage e-mailed me back, they say they will look into the problem if you want to provide your name & the serial # of the gun. You are welcome to e-mail me the info, I would be happy to relay it to them.
Great job getting the ball rolling!!

Old 01-31-2011, 11:59 PM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm sure when the right person at Heritage is contacted this problem will be taken care of, I'm sure that Heritage has no interest in losing business over what is obviously a manufacturing issue, as Canebrake said.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:51 AM   #23

Quote:
Heritage e-mailed me back, they say they will look into the problem if you want to provide your name & the serial # of the gun. You are welcome to e-mail me the info, I would be happy to relay it to them.
Bill, i guess thats your name thanks again for all your help i really appreciate it .
Bill Praznik serial #HR83792

bassdawgbill@comcast.net

Old 02-01-2011, 12:57 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You betcha,
I'll let everyone know how Heritage handles this.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:09 AM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Heritage e-mailed me back to say that the gun is 17 years old, even though they don't have a "lifetime" warranty on the Rough Rider guns, they still only charged you $20.00 to replace the barrel on your gun. BTW they also say that even though they have not offered a "nickel finish" for over 10 years, they were still able to find you a nickel barrel to match your long out of production firearm. On top of that Heritage shipped the gun back at no charge. Are you adding the cost to send this gun to Heritage in the amount you quoted on your original post?
Or is Heritage stretching the truth on the $20.00 figure?

Last edited by billdeserthills; 02-02-2011 at 03:11 AM.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #26

Quote:
Heritage e-mailed me back to say that the gun is 17 years old, even though they don't have a "lifetime" warranty on the Rough Rider guns, they still only charged you $20.00 to replace the barrel on your gun. BTW they also say that even though they have not offered a "nickel finish" for over 10 years, they were still able to find you a nickel barrel to match your long out of production firearm. On top of that Heritage shipped the gun back at no charge. Are you adding the cost to send this gun to Heritage in the amount you quoted on your original post?
Or is Heritage stretching the truth on the $20.00 figure?
Bill
The gun was bought brand new in 2005 at a gun shop so how is that 17 years . Heritage even told me their records show the gun was bought in 2005.They did ship it for free . My point was there never was even 1 box of shells shot out of the gun in 5 years . Its the principal not the money , the barrel should never crack an i could of got hurt . Thanks for your time i do appreciate it.
Bill

Old 02-04-2011, 02:31 AM   #27

I been shooting a Heritage 22 lr for a few years and i mean it gets used a lot and I never had a problem and I keep hearing of problems with them,,,

I think i just got lucky...

Old 02-07-2011, 06:37 AM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassdawgbill View Post
Bill
The gun was bought brand new in 2005 at a gun shop so how is that 17 years . Heritage even told me their records show the gun was bought in 2005.They did ship it for free . My point was there never was even 1 box of shells shot out of the gun in 5 years . Its the principal not the money , the barrel should never crack an i could of got hurt . Thanks for your time i do appreciate it.
Bill

I relayed everything you said to Heritage & I explained how I feel about charging anything to repair a product that falls apart like their gun did. I also reminded them that this is a forum that will be seen by many people. I just have one of their products left in my store & then I won't be re-stocking anything Heritage makes. When I think how cheap & easy it is to make a zip-gun that will likely be safer to operate than the Heritage Rough Rider...Plus you'll never hafta argue with the manufacturer

Old 02-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Cool of you to help with that BDH.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Greedy people piss me off, especially manufacturers