Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Heritage Rough Rider 22cal.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Heritage Rough Rider 22cal.

Hi to all i just want to tell what happened to me when i shot my Rough Rider . First three shots hit the target the fourth shot cracked the barrell ,so i called Heritage several times an they told me i would have to pay for a new barrell ,I am lucky i didnt get hurt but they dont care . I had to buy a new barrell. All reviews i read were great thats why i bought the gun .If you email me i can send you pics bassdawgbill@comcast.net

I dont know how to insert a pic on this site

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-27-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f45/posting-pictures-12266/#post87560

or you can email me the pics and ill post them for you.. Boyerracing343@charter.net

Old 01-28-2011, 12:32 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would love to see your pics & I can't believe that Heritage-- Soon to be my bottom of the barrel ,crummiest go to guy for guns would not cover the cost for replacing your barrel. What caliber is the gun, I know they make a 22/22mag & a 45 LC

Old 01-28-2011, 03:33 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Shocking.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2759 Times on 1598 Posts
Likes Given: 1205

I tried to zoom your photos. Got to Imageshack. Imageshack started something weird on my computer. Most use Photobucket to upload images.

Is it split near the muzzle?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
I tried to zoom your photos. Got to Imageshack. Imageshack started something weird on my computer. Most use Photobucket to upload images.

When i click the photo it pops up bigger with no issues. Anyone else having problems? Ill host it again if people cant view it well.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyerracing343 View Post
When i click the photo it pops up bigger with no issues. Anyone else having problems? Ill host it again if people cant view it well.
I get it with no problem , Thanks again for posting it for me .

Old 01-29-2011, 09:38 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post

Thats the same thing it did to me.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:43 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Having received & printed out your photos, I can only think of one reason why a gun barrel would split like this & that is a Squib Load. Since 22 rimfire is not a caliber you can feasibly load yourself, do you know what ammo you were shooting when this happened? I would guess the ammo manufacturer is actually responsible for the damage that has occurred.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
Having received & printed out your photos, I can only think of one reason why a gun barrel would split like this & that is a Squib Load. Since 22 rimfire is not a caliber you can feasibly load yourself, do you know what ammo you were shooting when this happened? I would guess the ammo manufacturer is actually responsible for the damage that has occurred.
I shoot Remington all the time , thats what my Dad started me on so it's a habit . Thanks for your input .