Here in Oregon - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Here in Oregon

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CA357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 19,871
Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default

No, I'm still waiting to pick them up. The shop is waiting for an okay from the OSP. They're the ones that issued the delay.

__________________
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
CA357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,612
Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
No, I'm still waiting to pick them up. The shop is waiting for an okay from the OSP. They're the ones that issued the delay.
Ahhh... well that just sux man. I hope you have a better experience next time, should there be one.
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
CA357 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CA357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 19,871
Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default

Oh, there'll be other times. There's no reason I can think of for this, so I expect it to get sorted out so that the next time will be smooth. I've been printed and live-scanned and background checked for years, so this is very unusual and I expect just an anomaly.

__________________
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
CA357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 33
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Here in TX if you have your CHL, you do not have to do a background check. You are automatically good to go when purchasing after showing the CC permit.

__________________
hawaiifrank is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,612
Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiifrank View Post
Here in TX if you have your CHL, you do not have to do a background check. You are automatically good to go when purchasing after showing the CC permit.
I like that a lot!
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dearhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Charleston, SC,South Carolina
Posts: 1,245
Liked 951 Times on 458 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Default

In South Carolina, you have to be a citizen of the US, legal age, have drivers license, attend an 8 hour course given by a state approved instructor, and pass a 50 question test. Then pass the shooting range test. Finger printed, Background check through SLED, South Carolina's version of FBI. If you pass all that, then you wait 90 days for your license.

__________________

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

Dearhunter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,612
Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearhunter View Post
In South Carolina, you have to be a citizen of the US, legal age, have drivers license, attend an 8 hour course given by a state approved instructor, and pass a 50 question test. Then pass the shooting range test. Finger printed, Background check through SLED, South Carolina's version of FBI. If you pass all that, then you wait 90 days for your license.
Great info Thanks. What about getting guns?
__________________
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes