Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Here in Oregon (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/here-oregon-83321/)

BeyondTheBox 02-04-2013 01:29 AM

Here in Oregon

Let's just put it out there and help each other understand how things work in our individual states, to better understand each others trials and dealings.

Here, in Oregon:

we're open carry friendly, with a few of the major cities having their own requirements and limitations.

To obtain a CCP is as simple as showing signed proof of attending a state approved instructors class and passing simple felony free background check. What the class consists of may vary, I'm not sure, but mine was the instructor talking about how not to get locked up if you shoot someone, mostly.

CA357 02-04-2013 03:36 AM

Yup, fill out the application, get fingerprinted, get your photo taken and pay the fees. In Josephine County it's a total of $65.00.

BeyondTheBox 02-04-2013 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 1123096)
Yup, fill out the application, get fingerprinted, get your photo taken and pay the fees. In Josephine County it's a total of $65.00.

I believe it was the same here in Yamhill County.

Also, in Oregon, getting a gun requires fingerprinting and registration of gun.

CA357 02-04-2013 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox (Post 1123139)
I believe it was the same here in Yamhill County.

Also, in Oregon, getting a gun requires fingerprinting and registration of gun.

You lost me there. I didn't have to get fingerprinted to buy guns.

deadeye 02-04-2013 04:33 AM

Yep, I've had to give up two thumb prints every time I've purchased a gun from a dealer here in Oregon.

BeyondTheBox 02-04-2013 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadeye (Post 1123180)
Yep, I've had to give up two thumb prints every time I've purchased a gun from a dealer here in Oregon.

Yeah, doesn't bother me a bit either.

CA357 02-04-2013 05:18 AM

Really? I got a delay, so I'm waiting to pick up a couple of handguns from a dealer. Maybe the fingerprinting happens when I pick them up. Does that sound about right?

BeyondTheBox 02-04-2013 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 1123222)
Really? I got a delay, so I'm waiting to pick up a couple of handguns from a dealer. Maybe the fingerprinting happens when I pick them up. Does that sound about right?

Last gun bought I had to wait for approval, was quoted almost a month wait. But policy says if no word from FBI in 3 days I can pick up under assumption everything is good. I did and all was well.

CA357 02-04-2013 05:57 AM

We moved here in September and into our house just before Thanksgiving. I got my OR drivers license in early December and went an bought the two guns. I got a delay until Jan. 11th and then they extended it until Feb. 11th. The strange thing is that I applied for my CWP around the same time I bought the guns and it arrived last week.

I'm really shocked about the delay. I have my FFL03, a Utah non resident CWP and had my CA concealed carry permit as well until it expired in October after we moved here. Weird huh?

BeyondTheBox 02-04-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 1123258)
We moved here in September and into our house just before Thanksgiving. I got my OR drivers license in early December and went an bought the two guns. I got a delay until Jan. 11th and then they extended it until Feb. 11th. The strange thing is that I applied for my CWP around the same time I bought the guns and it arrived last week.

I'm really shocked about the delay. I have my FFL03, a Utah non resident CWP and had my CA concealed carry permit as well until it expired in October after we moved here. Weird huh?

Permits for carry are County dependent and specific, so a smaller County will have quicker turn around times. Here in Yamhill I got mine in about 3 weeks a year ago.

Did you get your guns yet? I'm pretty sure that 3 day policy is state wide. You should just go pick them up.