Here it goes... p22 or sr22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Here it goes... p22 or sr22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Here it goes... p22 or sr22

i have seen many forums and reviews on these guns side by side. i have also seen them side by side and played with them. it feels like its the same gun.. i really dont know what the difference is if any? any help?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sr22 ftw .

Old 04-19-2012, 05:28 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I own a p22 and wish I didn't..... Well it was given to me. Next .22 pistol will be a ruger and probably the rest of them I buy in my lifetime will be Rugers as well.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:29 AM   #4
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7341 Times on 4417 Posts
Likes Given: 9057

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoooth308 View Post
I own a p22 and wish I didn't..... Well it was given to me. Next .22 pistol will be a ruger and probably the rest of them I buy in my lifetime will be Rugers as well.
Why? What don't you like about the P22? That's a Sig, right?

Old 04-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #5

Ya i bought the Sr22 and I'm waiting for the dros to clear I've heard nothing but good things but what's wrong with the walther p22. I only chose the river over the walther because there hard to get it seems. But all Tue forums say there very reliable. Also when i was in my local gunstore they chose the mosqutio out of the p22 and the Sr22.. what would you guys say is the best .22 on the market?

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."
- Clint Eastwood

Old 04-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

P22 is made by Walther. I just haven't had good luck with it. I'm a strong believer in being able to shoot the cheap bulk stuff and so far it seems to not like them. Sometimes it works fine, but others it has tons of problems with the rounds not loading properly and some FTF.
My pops has a ruger mk ll and it shoots everything just fine.
And I have heard nothing but bad things about the sig mosquito and tons of people taking them back/selling them for something else. Only bad thing coming from SIG.....

Old 04-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #7
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7341 Times on 4417 Posts
Likes Given: 9057

I have a Ruger Mark II and you're right........they eat just about anything. It's a very fun gun to shoot. In fact, there it is pictured in my avatar.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I have a Ruger Mark II and you're right........they eat just about anything. It's a very fun gun to shoot. In fact, there it is pictured in my avatar.
ok cool i heard of the Ruger mark II what are those going for? because i got my sr22 for 405 with dros. its a pretty nice looking gun! i just love the look of the sr22.... maybe they where trying to sell me the mosquito to get rid of it ha.

Also like the Ruger Mark II i hear that the sr22 takes every type of ammunition with very little amount of rejected bullets.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #9

Liked 1789 Times on 924 Posts
Likes Given: 1356

I just went through this.

The p22s we had at the NRA Basic Pistol Course were jamming during the class. I’ve read similar complaints about the Mosquito, SR22, the 22lr conversions, and other semi autos with slides on forums. They’re ammunition fussy, maybe not the S&W 22LR or other high end target pistols.

I’m guessing the semi-auto design with moving slide & barrel have too much mass for the 22LR to reliably move each time. I say this because I don’t remember reading any complaints about jamming on the Rugar Mk I, II, & IIIs, Black Hawks or other fixed barrel semi-autos that only have a bolt to move. The comments on these I’ve read are that they cycle any 22lr ammo you put in them.

I’ve a Ruger Mk III 22/45 now and it hasn’t jammed on me once, but I haven’t really put a lot of rounds through it yet. I’m a believer in ‘mature’ designs. The grip does feel skinny, but then my other pistol is a Glock.

Last edited by Vincine; 04-19-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #10

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I have had a p22 for about four years now. It seems they have an extended break in period when it comes to bulk ammo. Now it shoots anything with reliability and accuracy.

NEVER FORGET