Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Help please! Hand gun problem! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/help-please-hand-gun-problem-47806/)

kdwolf 09-05-2011 06:26 AM

Help please! Hand gun problem!

Hey guys, I have a .40 European Armory "witness" hand gun. The problem I am having is that everytime I fire the weapon the mag releases on it's own and the next round jams sideways in the chamber. From looking online I've found this may be an issue with the mag release...any ideas??? I love this weapon and would like to get it fixed! Thanks!!

Rarity 09-05-2011 07:22 AM

My suggestion is, take it to a local gun smith. Use caution if you are attempting to fix the problem yourself.

Zoey,

kdwolf 09-05-2011 07:31 AM

Yea most def agree, I was just going to see if anyone knew if it was an easy fix that way I don't get charge for labor and all that

robocop10mm 09-05-2011 08:38 AM

I believe the EAA witness has a lifetime warranty. Contact them for warranty repair

kdwolf 09-05-2011 08:42 AM

Well I bought it from a friend, would this still apply regardless?

c3shooter 09-05-2011 12:04 PM

No. From the EAA website:

B) If the gun is a used handgun then the factory warranty is no longer valid. EAA will still service the used handgun; but there will be a estimate for the repair. The process for this will require the gun to be returned to our service department, please include all contact information including your phone number in letter form for the service tech(s) to reach you with an estimate of service repair. Please include $20.00 for return freight charge. The service tech(s) will not begin repair work until the customer has been notified with a estimate for the repair.
**NOTE** Please document the serial number of the gun for your records.

Shipping costs will make you weep, since you cannot use US Mail, and UPS Next Day Air will run you about $75, PLUS $20 return, PLUS cost of repair. Find a local pistolsmith. Likely is something simple, like mag catch or mag catch spring.

kdwolf 09-05-2011 01:36 PM

Ah shooter you are the man sir. Thanks so much for the info guys!!! Also one last question, I was thinking about trading it in for a glock. Any suggestions on which glock to get, I'm a big fan of .45 or .40 as I like it to punch a bit, this will most likely be my carry weapon.

Firearms4ever 09-05-2011 03:02 PM

I think any of the Glock .40s or .45s will suite you just fine, but the Glock 22 or the Glock 36. It's just my opinion, but the Glock 22 I find too large for my hands or for a .40 and the Glock 36 doesn't really offer much regarding advantages over a 1911 or the Glock 30/21. That's just my opinion though.

303tom 09-05-2011 03:07 PM

Its the mag. release clean it, got gunk in the spring !

kdwolf 09-05-2011 06:02 PM

Thanks firearms! I'll check both of those out this weekend! Tom after a little research I got the mag release out and gave it a good cleaning I'll take it to the range soon and let you know how it goes, hopefully that was the only issue.