Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Help me understand my options

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #21
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2665 Times on 1551 Posts
Likes Given: 1184

I apologize, but jokes and firearms should not mix.

As a forum, some statements can and may be used with or without "smileys" in a court procceeding.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #22

unfortunately, it is true . Facebook has been used like crazy in divorce cases recently.

Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If the Mafia were bigger, IT would be the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #23

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
A better fit is more PC than what the OP stated.
Thanks Dan. Message received. You can go-ahead and police the rest of the forum for non-PC statements and misinterpret people's jokes, because you are so concerned about a theoretical wrongful death case I may find myself in.

I'll let all the people in California know that they don't need more than the 10 rounds that they are allowed, else they will be labeled "mall ninjas" on the interwebs!

15 rounds for a dual stack is typical if not low, now that some mfgrs are pushing 17+ rounds. Hardly an out of the ordinary requirement.

And by the by, don't think that your "innocent" question of why high capacity wasn't seen for what it is, an attempt to bait me. Which is why I answered with humor. This of course left you with no option but to contrive a negative response.

You are quite transparent.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 06-03-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #24

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
unfortunately, it is true . Facebook has been used like crazy in divorce cases recently.
read a couple of articles on DUI's cases where defendants had their sentences lengthened due to some Facebook photos.

» Facebook Photos Lead To 2-Year Sentence After Drunk Driving Crash

Old 06-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #25
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2665 Times on 1551 Posts
Likes Given: 1184

I was asking the question to get more information from you, and not to "bait" you.

You asked what your choices were, and I was trying to find out if you had variables to what you want.

Have you looked at Hi-Powers? All metal, high capacity, easy to shoot.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I don't feel well armed unless I carry a calico 9mm and 5 spare magazines.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 06-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #27

Quote:
I was asking the question to get more information from you, and not to "bait" you.

You asked what your choices were, and I was trying to find out if you had variables to what you want.

Have you looked at Hi-Powers? All metal, high capacity, easy to shoot.
Yes, based on earlier suggestions, I started researching the Hi-Powers. My only apprehension is the MSRP in the $1k range. I'm not ruling it out, but the CZ is the leader in the clubhouse based on price alone until/if I can shoot the Sig, CZ, and Browning.

Glad we're playing nice now, as the last thing I'm looking for as any type of e-battle. The only reason I'm not still a lurker here is because this is not the type of thing that I think is prevalent here (except where the OP is clearly just trying to stir things up).

In reality, my statement about M&Ps was throwaway, and maybe on the harsh side (and broke from my attempts to stay analytical). The real statement should have been that "between the G17 and the M&P, I'd select the G17 because it fits my hand better, I shoot it better, it's simpler (for me), etc). Again, these are all just my opinion and not meant an any attack on any manufacturer or gun line.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 06-03-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #28
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2232 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 1146

knfxda

I will share a true fact that may have some bearing on your confusion of which pistol to choose. It is not my intention to bash Beretta or any other company but to give you some facts regarding your selection.

I was Range Master for a large Metro PD for several years. We had been carrying Beretta 92 Stainless pistols for a couple of years and ran into a little bit of a problem when we wanted to reorder additional pistols with an NP-3 Finish on them. They advised we had to order a minimum of 50 pistols. So we had some issues since we did not need 50 at the time. Since Beretta was not willing to assist. The Chief advised to start researching for a new pistol for the department. Which we did. In fairness we allowed Beretta, Glock, S&W, Sig and a couple of others to review and test for the new selection. Sig and Glock came out on top for the test. We selected the Glock over the Sig because of delivery time and cost factors.
When we put them in service we found that the Glock increased our overall qualification scores by 11% over all previous years. So they did significantly improve our scores.
The only thing that I would advise is that the Beretta does not have a natural point at the target.
Good Luck with your selection.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #29

Sniper-

Thanks for the info. But the Beretta is not on my short-list at all. The only thing that it did was turn me on to the option of buying an all-metal gun, which I was not originally considering.

I found that the Beretta did not fit my hand well and I really didn't like the safeties on the slide. It just didn't melt into my hand and I felt I had to be deliberate with how I grabbed the slide.

What I liked about it was the balance of the gun due to the extra weight (I feel that extra weight isn't bad; as the weight appeared to be in all the right places.) I seemed to be able to focus on the front site much better with the Beretta than with the G17 or M&P9 (no idea why this would be). And the biggest selling feature for metal guns was the reduced muzzle flip and recoil. I was able to get back on target faster, my barrel was deflected less, and I was able to shoot faster accurate shots.

I feel like I shot all 3 weapons quite well, I just realized that there might be a better gun for me out there. And for any perceived M&P bashing, I shot it extremely well (and would be happy if this ended up being the gun that I purchase), despite feeling that the G17 is a better fit for me and that overall a metal gun may be where I'm headed.

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 06-03-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:23 PM   #30
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2009 Times on 1091 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Quote:
I apologize, but jokes and firearms should not mix.

As a forum, some statements can and may be used with or without "smileys" in a court procceeding.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA