Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Help me find a Pistol and rifle for under a grand?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FMtango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: mounds,Oklahoma
Posts: 43
Default Help me find a Pistol and rifle for under a grand?

I went looking through my favorite toy store and found a couple of .40 and .45
for under 5 bills. The beretta PX4 storm. Nice feel and some what sexy for 490 and some change. Then my fave FNP in both flavors for 509 with a Remmy SPS 20" tac in .308 for 560. now add them together with a 20% rail and a good 300.00 scope, I have almost what I want and its still cheaper than the AR or SCAR I deaply desire. Not really under a grand but dang close.
Hell all it takes is money.

__________________

To live is Christ. To die is gain.


Last edited by canebrake; 09-05-2010 at 02:04 AM. Reason: TTTP
FMtango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 09-02-2010, 01:12 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shihan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Somewhere being Awesome
Posts: 9,071
Liked 429 Times on 229 Posts

Default

You can get an AR for under a grand, easily. The AR and pistol that I had, before I sold it to Gary, together were under that amount.

For less than $500, I can get a Rifle and Pistol combo.

__________________
Click if you want Awesome
Shihan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GoBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 58
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
For less than $500, I can get a Rifle and Pistol combo.
But would you want that rifle and pistol? That's the real question.
__________________

I'm a Realtor who sells Plymouth MI homes, I carry a Taurus 738 pocket pistol every day.

GoBlue is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,838
Liked 622 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 611

Default

$1000.00 for a rifle and pistol. Sig P6 comes to mind. You can still find them for under $360.00. Back to the "tactical" rifle. There is always more than a cool stamp that some put on a rifle. You are looking low budget, so look low budget and high power!!
http://www.centuryarms.com/manuals/PSL-54C%20Rifle.FINAL.qxp.pdf
Romanian PSL-54C

This is mine, sweet shooter. Cheap ammo and mags.


P6:


Both for under $1000.00

__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.


Last edited by jpattersonnh; 09-04-2010 at 08:51 PM.
jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FMtango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: mounds,Oklahoma
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
$1000.00 for a rifle and pistol. Sig P6 comes to mind. You can still find them for under $360.00. Back to the "tactical" rifle. There is always more than a cool stamp that some put on a rifle. You are looking low budget, so look low budget and high power!!
http://www.centuryarms.com/manuals/PSL-54C%20Rifle.FINAL.qxp.pdf
Romanian PSL-54C

This is mine, sweet shooter. Cheap ammo and mags.


P6:


Both for under $1000.00
I have wanted a PSL but now I have to WAIT. Can you believe that?
My biggest fear was having one of the CAI rebuilds and spend 600 for it and it fall apart. I think Im going to go for the FNP in .45 and Ill have to do some thinking on some of those rifles. Thanks for the input.
__________________

To live is Christ. To die is gain.

FMtango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:02 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,838
Liked 622 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 611

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMtango View Post
I have wanted a PSL but now I have to WAIT. Can you believe that?
My biggest fear was having one of the CAI rebuilds and spend 600 for it and it fall apart. I think Im going to go for the FNP in .45 and Ill have to do some thinking on some of those rifles. Thanks for the input.
Mine is a Tenn gun International rifle. You hear sh!t about them also. Don't believe it. I have 2 century rifles. A Cetme and a Wasr2. The wasr is stamped Cugir on the receiver, so it is a Romanian receiver. The Cetme has been awesome. In all the years I've had it I've had 1 FTE. It was caused by corrosion on the case, nothing else. I was buying 7.62x51 DAG and MEM surplus for .18 a round and one stuck. I bought my PSL for $369.00 and have kept it all these years. It is actually stamped FPK, Made in Romania. Imported by TGI. Knoxville Tn.
Every part on my gun that is supposed to match does w/ the exception of a pinned muzzle brake, it has been replaced. It is a 1977 rifle that came in before the Clinton years. I actually bought 2 for $700.00. My oldest son owns the other one now.
8 10 round mags put up a decent show. It is no sniper, but a designated markmans rifle. 400 yards is a breeze w/ the 4x scope. It is just a big AK.
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:13 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FMtango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: mounds,Oklahoma
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
Mine is a Tenn gun International rifle. You hear sh!t about them also. Don't believe it. I have 2 century rifles. A Cetme and a Wasr2. The wasr is stamped Cugir on the receiver, so it is a Romanian receiver. The Cetme has been awesome. In all the years I've had it I've had 1 FTE. It was caused by corrosion on the case, nothing else. I was buying 7.62x51 DAG and MEM surplus for .18 a round and one stuck. I bought my PSL for $369.00 and have kept it all these years. It is actually stamped FPK, Made in Romania. Imported by TGI. Knoxville Tn.
Every part on my gun that is supposed to match does w/ the exception of a pinned muzzle brake, it has been replaced. It is a 1977 rifle that came in before the Clinton years. I actually bought 2 for $700.00. My oldest son owns the other one now.
8 10 round mags put up a decent show. It is no sniper, but a designated markmans rifle. 400 yards is a breeze w/ the 4x scope. It is just a big AK.
Is that TGI still in business? How is maintenance on those PSLs? It still intrests me, either one of those or a M39 if I can find one with out a counter bore and
a good stock. I do like those Finns.
__________________

To live is Christ. To die is gain.

FMtango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:47 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,838
Liked 622 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 611

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMtango View Post
Is that TGI still in business? How is maintenance on those PSLs? It still intrests me, either one of those or a M39 if I can find one with out a counter bore and
a good stock. I do like those Finns.
As simple as a google! FPK/PSL Parts : TGI Online Store, Your Source For Military Surplus Parts and Accessories

There is a guy in Hauppauge NY that has great rifles. I'll see if I can find his info.
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:51 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
canebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 150 miles NE of Sloppy Joe's Bar
Posts: 21,941
Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Default

Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 - 7.62x54mm Russian ............ $115



RUSSIAN MOSIN NAGANT MODEL 1891/30 at May Sporting Goods


And a FM Hi Power - 9mm ............$299



Argentine FM 90 High Power, 9mm. Very Good condition Hi Power

$115 + $299 = $414!


880 rounds of 7.62x54mm Rimmed Russian ............$299.99

Surplus Ammunition 7.62x54mm Rimmed Russian 148 Grain Full Metal Jacket Box of 880 (2 Sealed Cans of 440) - MidwayUSA

1,000 rounds of 9mm Luger 115 Grain FMJ ............$215.99

Wolf Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 Grain FMJ Case of 1000 (20 Boxes of 50) - MidwayUSA

$115 + $299 = $414! + $300 + $220 = $934

Does that work for you?
__________________
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...brake02jpg.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
canebrake is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:08 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FMtango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: mounds,Oklahoma
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 - 7.62x54mm Russian ............ $115



RUSSIAN MOSIN NAGANT MODEL 1891/30 at May Sporting Goods


And a FM Hi Power - 9mm ............$299



Argentine FM 90 High Power, 9mm. Very Good condition Hi Power

$115 + $299 = $414!


880 rounds of 7.62x54mm Rimmed Russian ............$299.99

Surplus Ammunition 7.62x54mm Rimmed Russian 148 Grain Full Metal Jacket Box of 880 (2 Sealed Cans of 440) - MidwayUSA

1,000 rounds of 9mm Luger 115 Grain FMJ ............$215.99

Wolf Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 Grain FMJ Case of 1000 (20 Boxes of 50) - MidwayUSA

$115 + $299 = $414! + $300 + $220 = $934

Does that work for you?
Well Canebrake, I do appreciate the come back, but if you notice my handle(FMtango) you may guess I am already a proud owner of an Argentine HI-Power.
Not trying to be a smart a$$. I do like MNs also but my dream is a M39 Sako in real good condition. Nothing like good wood and a hex receiver. Paul
__________________

To live is Christ. To die is gain.

FMtango is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
can rifle powder be used in pistol nagarifle Ammunition & Reloading 16 02-16-2010 11:35 AM
IMR Trail Boss for reduced loads (Pistol and Rifle) willfully armed Ammunition & Reloading 7 02-09-2010 05:13 PM
small rifle primers for pistol ammunition? tiberius10721 Ammunition & Reloading 6 12-18-2009 01:07 PM
T/C rifle/pistol? rodwhaincamo Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 7 10-19-2009 07:41 PM
Rifle or Pistol for Alaska bush adventure mikewalker .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 13 08-10-2008 08:13 PM