Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Help me find a Pistol and rifle for under a grand? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/help-me-find-pistol-rifle-under-grand-31212/)

FMtango 09-01-2010 08:22 PM

Help me find a Pistol and rifle for under a grand?
 
I went looking through my favorite toy store and found a couple of .40 and .45
for under 5 bills. The beretta PX4 storm. Nice feel and some what sexy for 490 and some change. Then my fave FNP in both flavors for 509 with a Remmy SPS 20" tac in .308 for 560. now add them together with a 20% rail and a good 300.00 scope, I have almost what I want and its still cheaper than the AR or SCAR I deaply desire. Not really under a grand but dang close.
Hell all it takes is money.:rolleyes:

Shihan 09-02-2010 01:12 AM

You can get an AR for under a grand, easily. The AR and pistol that I had, before I sold it to Gary, together were under that amount.

For less than $500, I can get a Rifle and Pistol combo.

GoBlue 09-04-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

For less than $500, I can get a Rifle and Pistol combo.
But would you want that rifle and pistol? That's the real question.

jpattersonnh 09-04-2010 08:48 PM

$1000.00 for a rifle and pistol. Sig P6 comes to mind. You can still find them for under $360.00. Back to the "tactical" rifle. There is always more than a cool stamp that some put on a rifle. You are looking low budget, so look low budget and high power!!
http://www.centuryarms.com/manuals/PSL-54C%20Rifle.FINAL.qxp.pdf
Romanian PSL-54C

This is mine, sweet shooter. Cheap ammo and mags.
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...IM000281_1.jpg

P6:
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...h/IM000303.jpg

Both for under $1000.00

FMtango 09-05-2010 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpattersonnh (Post 344529)
$1000.00 for a rifle and pistol. Sig P6 comes to mind. You can still find them for under $360.00. Back to the "tactical" rifle. There is always more than a cool stamp that some put on a rifle. You are looking low budget, so look low budget and high power!!
http://www.centuryarms.com/manuals/PSL-54C%20Rifle.FINAL.qxp.pdf
Romanian PSL-54C

This is mine, sweet shooter. Cheap ammo and mags.
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...IM000281_1.jpg

P6:
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...h/IM000303.jpg

Both for under $1000.00

I have wanted a PSL but now I have to WAIT. Can you believe that?
My biggest fear was having one of the CAI rebuilds and spend 600 for it and it fall apart. I think Im going to go for the FNP in .45 and Ill have to do some thinking on some of those rifles. Thanks for the input.

jpattersonnh 09-05-2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMtango (Post 344623)
I have wanted a PSL but now I have to WAIT. Can you believe that?
My biggest fear was having one of the CAI rebuilds and spend 600 for it and it fall apart. I think Im going to go for the FNP in .45 and Ill have to do some thinking on some of those rifles. Thanks for the input.

Mine is a Tenn gun International rifle. You hear sh!t about them also. Don't believe it. I have 2 century rifles. A Cetme and a Wasr2. The wasr is stamped Cugir on the receiver, so it is a Romanian receiver. The Cetme has been awesome. In all the years I've had it I've had 1 FTE. It was caused by corrosion on the case, nothing else. I was buying 7.62x51 DAG and MEM surplus for .18 a round and one stuck. I bought my PSL for $369.00 and have kept it all these years. It is actually stamped FPK, Made in Romania. Imported by TGI. Knoxville Tn.
Every part on my gun that is supposed to match does w/ the exception of a pinned muzzle brake, it has been replaced. It is a 1977 rifle that came in before the Clinton years. I actually bought 2 for $700.00. My oldest son owns the other one now.
8 10 round mags put up a decent show. It is no sniper, but a designated markmans rifle. 400 yards is a breeze w/ the 4x scope. It is just a big AK.

FMtango 09-05-2010 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpattersonnh (Post 344658)
Mine is a Tenn gun International rifle. You hear sh!t about them also. Don't believe it. I have 2 century rifles. A Cetme and a Wasr2. The wasr is stamped Cugir on the receiver, so it is a Romanian receiver. The Cetme has been awesome. In all the years I've had it I've had 1 FTE. It was caused by corrosion on the case, nothing else. I was buying 7.62x51 DAG and MEM surplus for .18 a round and one stuck. I bought my PSL for $369.00 and have kept it all these years. It is actually stamped FPK, Made in Romania. Imported by TGI. Knoxville Tn.
Every part on my gun that is supposed to match does w/ the exception of a pinned muzzle brake, it has been replaced. It is a 1977 rifle that came in before the Clinton years. I actually bought 2 for $700.00. My oldest son owns the other one now.
8 10 round mags put up a decent show. It is no sniper, but a designated markmans rifle. 400 yards is a breeze w/ the 4x scope. It is just a big AK.

Is that TGI still in business? How is maintenance on those PSLs? It still intrests me, either one of those or a M39 if I can find one with out a counter bore and
a good stock. I do like those Finns.

jpattersonnh 09-05-2010 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FMtango (Post 344667)
Is that TGI still in business? How is maintenance on those PSLs? It still intrests me, either one of those or a M39 if I can find one with out a counter bore and
a good stock. I do like those Finns.

As simple as a google! FPK/PSL Parts : TGI Online Store, Your Source For Military Surplus Parts and Accessories

There is a guy in Hauppauge NY that has great rifles. I'll see if I can find his info.

canebrake 09-05-2010 02:51 AM

Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 - 7.62x54mm Russian ............ $115

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...gant_super.jpg

RUSSIAN MOSIN NAGANT MODEL 1891/30 at May Sporting Goods


And a FM Hi Power - 9mm ............$299

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...5-2477-1-1.jpg

Argentine FM 90 High Power, 9mm. Very Good condition Hi Power

$115 + $299 = $414!


880 rounds of 7.62x54mm Rimmed Russian ............$299.99

Surplus Ammunition 7.62x54mm Rimmed Russian 148 Grain Full Metal Jacket Box of 880 (2 Sealed Cans of 440) - MidwayUSA

1,000 rounds of 9mm Luger 115 Grain FMJ ............$215.99

Wolf Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 Grain FMJ Case of 1000 (20 Boxes of 50) - MidwayUSA

$115 + $299 = $414! + $300 + $220 = $934

Does that work for you?

FMtango 09-05-2010 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 344693)
Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 - 7.62x54mm Russian ............ $115

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...gant_super.jpg

RUSSIAN MOSIN NAGANT MODEL 1891/30 at May Sporting Goods


And a FM Hi Power - 9mm ............$299

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...5-2477-1-1.jpg

Argentine FM 90 High Power, 9mm. Very Good condition Hi Power

$115 + $299 = $414!


880 rounds of 7.62x54mm Rimmed Russian ............$299.99

Surplus Ammunition 7.62x54mm Rimmed Russian 148 Grain Full Metal Jacket Box of 880 (2 Sealed Cans of 440) - MidwayUSA

1,000 rounds of 9mm Luger 115 Grain FMJ ............$215.99

Wolf Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 Grain FMJ Case of 1000 (20 Boxes of 50) - MidwayUSA

$115 + $299 = $414! + $300 + $220 = $934

Does that work for you?

Well Canebrake, I do appreciate the come back, but if you notice my handle(FMtango) you may guess I am already a proud owner of an Argentine HI-Power.
Not trying to be a smart a$$. I do like MNs also but my dream is a M39 Sako in real good condition. Nothing like good wood and a hex receiver. Paul


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.