Help me choose a revolver. - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Help me choose a revolver.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #31
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22284 Times on 12466 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Well, you guys have made this HARD for me to choose.

I think I'll wait on the 41 Mag for now. (Axxe, if you want it, I'll send you the link ). As for the S&W 19-5 and the Ruger Security Six, its a toss up. I think I would be really happy with either one. So here's what I did. I sent both shops (one is a pawn shop, the other is a gun shop) a message. I asked them if they would ship to my FFL (of course I'd pay for it), and I asked them to come down off their prices some (can't hurt to ask).

I asked if they would take $400 for the Ruger, and if they would take $350 for the S&W. Let's see how this goes, then I'll decide for sure.
smooth move on your part! nice!

what ya gonna do if both take your offer though?

Old 10-12-2013, 04:39 AM   #32
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
smooth move on your part! nice!

what ya gonna do if both take your offer though?
Flip a coin? Not really sure.

How about first one who messages me wins?
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-12-2013, 04:40 AM   #33
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22284 Times on 12466 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:

there ya go brother!
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 10-12-2013, 05:22 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:

The Smith is a more refined gun when the finish is re-done. It is also starting at a lower price. You'd be, well not really a fool, but a fool, if you didn't take the Smith. Especially if he offers to take even more money off.

Don't get me wrong. Rugers are nice guns.

In regards to what someone said about the K frame not being able to handle hot loads after awhile. That is really only applicable if you're shooting as much as some competition shooters do, and the loads are basically maxed out. Then parts will start to go bad. But that can happen in Rugers too.

More than likely, the Smith will live longer than you will. If it starts to have problems, I doubt S&W as a company is going anywhere anytime soon. Send it in, have them do some free warranty work, all is well after not a very long time. Now you have a gun which is basically good as new.

Problem solved.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:31 AM   #35
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
The Smith is a more refined gun when the finish is re-done. It is also starting at a lower price. You'd be, well not really a fool, but a fool, if you didn't take the Smith. Especially if he offers to take even more money off.

Don't get me wrong. Rugers are nice guns.

In regards to what someone said about the K frame not being able to handle hot loads after awhile. That is really only applicable if you're shooting as much as some competition shooters do, and the loads are basically maxed out. Then parts will start to go bad. But that can happen in Rugers too.

More than likely, the Smith will live longer than you will. If it starts to have problems, I doubt S&W as a company is going anywhere anytime soon. Send it in, have them do some free warranty work, all is well after not a very long time. Now you have a gun which is basically good as new.

Problem solved.
Yeah, but you said you were biased.

Trust me, this is NOT an easy decision to make. If I had the money, they'd both be mine. This is why I sent both places an email to see if they'd work with me. There's still a chance that neither will ship to me (which will lead to me banging my head into the wall repeatedly).

I'm just going to wait and see how this works out. If it makes you feel any better, I sent an email about the S&W earlier today, but just now sent the message about the Ruger since I never got a message back about the S&W.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-12-2013, 05:36 AM   #36
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
The correct answer to your question is: Buy the Smith and never look back.

I have nothing against Ruger wheel guns, but I haven't shot one and I own a Smith 66, which is the SS brother of the 19. I absolutely love that gun. Seriously, if yours shoots like mine does, you will absolutely love it. Mine has a 2.5" bbl and I can achieve excellent accuracy with it. As an example...:

I didn't put the gun in that picture, but take my word it was my 66. I am better with it than I am with my semi-autos. I believe it was about ten yards or so, shooting double action. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe S&W will reblue it under their warranty.

EDIT: Ok I apologize for the picture of my daughter and the dog being in here. I accidentally clicked it and can't get rid of it.
The kid is cute But what kinda Dog is that( is he in the bully family?), he looks like he could be Gator's cousin!
I love Ruger, but the Smith is also a fine gun...good luck...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 10-12-2013 at 05:40 AM.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 10-12-2013, 06:00 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
The kid is cute But what kinda Dog is that( is he in the bully family?), he looks like he could be Gator's cousin! I love Ruger, but the Smith is also a fine gun...good luck...
Thanks Doc. She's a Boston Bulldogge. So yes, in the bull family. Good eye. They're very closely related to Boston Terriers. Really interesting breed, actually.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #38

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Well, I guess it comes down to the shops then. I'll call the shop with the S&W first and see if they'll ship it (and if they would go down on the price some ), if not, then I'll see about the Ruger.

Thanks guys.
I got my last 19-2 for 350.00 So I's imagine there's a littler wiggle room

Old 10-12-2013, 06:09 AM   #39
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

Thanks Doc. She's a Boston Bulldogge. So yes, in the bull family. Good eye. They're very closely related to Boston Terriers. Really interesting breed, actually.
YES! She is Gator's cousin( He's an old English Bulldogge) pretty girls, both of them!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-12-2013, 06:27 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball
YES! She is Gator's cousin( He's an old English Bulldogge) pretty girls, both of them!
thanks. I put some more pictures up in the post photos of your dogs thread.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/post-photos-your-dogs-91072/