Help me choose a revolver. - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Help me choose a revolver.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

The trigger on mine is really good. Decently light and smooth.

Pre lock? You mean the key thing they put in some of their revolvers now to lock the hammer down? Yes, I believe it's pre lock (I didn't see a lock anywhere on it)

Nice looking gun.
Yeah, the little Allen screw looking thing on the hammer. I have it on one of my smith and wessons. I never use the thing but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I think that the Taurus lock is a better design than the smith lock because it doesn't change the look of the gun unless you are looking at it from the back. Either way, I am sure that you will enjoy shooting it.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 10-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #102
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman View Post
Yeah, the little Allen screw looking thing on the hammer. I have it on one of my smith and wessons. I never use the thing but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I think that the Taurus lock is a better design than the smith lock because it doesn't change the look of the gun unless you are looking at it from the back. Either way, I am sure that you will enjoy shooting it.
Nope, I definitely don't have one of those things.

I was able to get out and shoot today. (found some ammo finally. $30 for 50 rds of Magtech SJHP).

All I can say is that this gun is awesome! The recoil is extremely manageable, the accuracy is great (I need to adjust the sights slightly though), and it is just a pleasure to shoot.
Balota Likes This 
Old 10-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #103
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3219 Times on 1947 Posts
Likes Given: 3096

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Nope, I definitely don't have one of those things.

I was able to get out and shoot today. (found some ammo finally. $30 for 50 rds of Magtech SJHP).

All I can say is that this gun is awesome! The recoil is extremely manageable, the accuracy is great (I need to adjust the sights slightly though), and it is just a pleasure to shoot.
Good for you! Always great when you acquire a new "friend"!
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:11 AM   #104

Liked 37 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I've got several revolvers, all good, but the Security Six is by far the best of all and I've had it since the early 1980's. A fantastic .357, great for the range, great for back-up hunting gun, and easier enough to carry in cooler weather. Again, excellent quality and excellent shooter.