Help finding compact handgun - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Help finding compact handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_245/products_id/78891/FNH+FNX-9+9mm+10%2B1+Stainless+Finish

Is this it?

I'm not into FNH, but maybe Bud's could send the model you want to a local FFL?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2881 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marti View Post
I'm really diggin the FN FNX & FNP desgins but can't find compacts
http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/handguns/fnx-series/
Near as I can tell, FN doesn't make compact versions of their FNX series. I'm fairly certain that the same goes for the (now out of production) FNP series.

I've heard lots of good things about them (FNX series), and I'm sure they are quite good, functionally. However, after handling one, it just never "did it" for me. I simply didn't like the "feel." To be fair, it was a purely emotional & illogical opinion and not a "fair" or "objective" judgement by any means. But then I'm weird like that.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 10-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #83

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marti
I'm really diggin the FN FNX & FNP desgins but can't find compacts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084
http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/handguns/fnx-series/
Near as I can tell, FN doesn't make compact versions of their FNX series. I'm fairly certain that the same goes for the (now out of production) FNP series.

I've heard lots of good things about them (FNX series), and I'm sure they are quite good, functionally. However, after handling one, it just never "did it" for me. I simply didn't like the "feel." To be fair, it was a purely emotional & illogical opinion and not a "fair" or "objective" judgement by any means. But then I'm weird like that.
My lgs has one in FDE .45 with a factory threaded barrel. 15+1 45acp would chit on someone's day lol. I loved the ergos on it but all those 45s kinda made the grip a little uncomfortable for medium sized hands. I'd really like to shoot one though

Old 10-27-2013, 01:14 AM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 346 Times on 238 Posts

Walther PPS??? Very thin and easily concealable. Great ergonomics. 9mm or 40 S&W for your preference. Reliable and well built. Worth a look.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #85

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
I dated my wife of 30 years twice. First time I got hung up on incidentals of no real consequences and we broke up. Two years later, I thought back to the best gal I ever met, and asked her out again. She was engaged to someone else, and broke up with him, because she also wanted me back.

You say their are issues you do not like about Glocks. They have a couple of grip finishes over the models, and gen 4 has adjustable backstrap sizes.

You can add a great safety, I use them, called A trigger block. Most folks hate them. Lol. So what, tens of thousands of us do like them, and use them to increase the safety of a Glock pistol.

No other handgun has the track record of dependability over army's, police departments, and government agencies. Freeze it in a block of mud, toss it off a three story roof, pull it behind a truck on a log chain on a gravel road for miles, they still shoot.

I would find a Glock shooters class and sign up. You already have the perfect gun, you just need to realize that.

My second best relationship of over twenty years, Glock.

O, and my first Glock is not pissed off, if I bring home other Glocks. In fact, they all sleep together, and invite me to come play with them. Can't beat a deal like that!

Attachment 123509
Holy crap your fanboy is showing..Zip that back up...
Do you hear yourself? Glocks are great if you just change the trigger and the grip and ...and...and...At least most other guns mods yo u can actually buy them that way. Just keep hammering. That square peg will get it's corners shaved off and for that round hole
If you actually like it fine, but you apparently don't and that's why to make it into another pistol. Kind of messed up logioc. Glocks are fine as is...If you like that kind of gun. If you don't...Then get something different.
It's like meeting a girl and getting her a boob job before you can
date her.

To the OP..Go to a few gun shops. Get your hands on as many DIFFERENT pistols as you can. You will find one that fits.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 10-27-2013 at 08:48 AM.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #86

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

yesterday I was able tovfire a CZ-75 P-O1 compact, a Sig 250, and
LCP9, and a S&W Sigma...CZ was the winner of that round

Old 10-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #87

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

and I shot 50 rounds per gun

Last edited by Marti; 10-28-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Vincine Likes This 
Old 10-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #88

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marti View Post
I dont like how thevGlock feels, the lack of a saftey, and te two trigger pull
Trigger pulls can be changed but if you're not comfortable with the lack of active safety then I would try the m&pC line. Great platform and they are available with a thumb safety