Help finding compact handgun - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Help finding compact handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402
If all you did was hold the P238 I can't wait until you shoot one. To me it feels like it almost has a negative recoil. Strangest thing I ever felt in a handgun, but I love it. If you've ever fired an LCP you will wonder what in the heck Ruger was thinking after you fire the P238. I would even recommend it for people with carpal tunnel syndrome.
I plan on renting one someday. Maybe the next time I go shooting. But not the P238. As I said, I prefer 9mm. In my opinion, the P938 is probably small enough for pocket carry if its anything like its little brother. Although truth be told, I haven't held the P938 yet so I don't really know.

I shot an LCP one time. I did NOT like it. For one, manipulating the slide and safety was way too difficult. For two, the recoil was down right abusive. I feel like that through proper technique and enough rounds sent down range, I can probably handle most recoil. But I just didn't like that gun. Really nothing about it was desirable to me, with the exception of its size. Which isn't a HUGE deal because there are many others of similar size.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
I plan on renting one someday. Maybe the next time I go shooting. But not the P238. As I said, I prefer 9mm. In my opinion, the P938 is probably small enough for pocket carry if its anything like its little brother. Although truth be told, I haven't held the P938 yet so I don't really know.

I shot an LCP one time. I did NOT like it. For one, manipulating the slide and safety was way too difficult. For two, the recoil was down right abusive. I feel like that through proper technique and enough rounds sent down range, I can probably handle most recoil. But I just didn't like that gun. Really nothing about it was desirable to me, with the exception of its size. Which isn't a HUGE deal because there are many others of similar size.
You may end up renting the P238. If your area is anything like around here the P938 is as rare as congressional integrity. For that reason they can get a little pricey, but careful shopping can still find you a decent deal. We have about a $150 price spread on them.

Old 10-25-2013, 07:23 AM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402
You may end up renting the P238. If your area is anything like around here the P938 is as rare as congressional integrity. For that reason they can get a little pricey, but careful shopping can still find you a decent deal. We have about a $150 price spread on them.
I'm not really in the market right now for a new gun anyway, but I expect that'll change in the next few months when I'm in Texas. $150 spread is fairly significant.

But yes, if all I can rent is the P238, I will if for no other reason than to get a feel for the gun.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
I'm not really in the market right now for a new gun anyway, but I expect that'll change in the next few months when I'm in Texas. $150 spread is fairly significant.

But yes, if all I can rent is the P238, I will if for no other reason than to get a feel for the gun.
Since carpal tunnel syndrome is common in her field I let the girl that pressure washes my teeth borrow my P238. The only thing she said when she gave it back was, "How much?" She wanted it, she wanted it now, and she was willing to pay any semi-reasonable price for it.

My opinion. The P238 is a great gun in a decent back-up gun caliber. I almost consider it an engineering marvel because of the recoil reduction. The price difference between it and the LCP is worth every single penny.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #75
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

20-25? I like it! Ditto on the SIG chatter,..if I were buying a 380 the Sig would be the way I went, but Ruger came out with another 380 that has a " less stiff" slide, the LC380. My wife likes the size of my LC9 but not it's "snappiness." She likes revolvers, but she would get the Sig or the LC380.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 10-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #76

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

I spotted this holster last night. I am going to get it for myself to use while wading next summer. I love to fish while wading. I have caught some big bass wading in lakes that get a lot of fishing pressure. I am sure my wife will find it handy too.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/884644/comp-tac-centerline-holster-ambidextrous-kel-tec-p3at-kydex-black

Old 10-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #77

Liked 230 Times on 172 Posts

I can vouch for s&w. I own a bodyguard .380 and a m&p 40 full size. The 40 is open carried 3 o'clock and the bodyguard usually goes in the jeans front right pocket or inside pocket of my coat. the long trigger of the bodyguard doesn't bother me too much and I shoot it accurately. If you can shoot it well I'd recommend one. Never shot a shield but never heard negative about it. The bodyguard could easily b concealed in a flashbang with the bra size you mentioned and depending on the type of jeans you wear maybe an Iwb. Bodyguard is the only sub compact I own so concealment isn't exactly my strong area. Open carry though, I have a gp100 and full size 1911 I shoot well that occasionally goes owb. Btw glocks aren't really my thing either so don't feel left out lol

Old 10-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #78
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1280 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I'm happy with my Bodyguard 380. It shoots straight, recoil is no problem, it's easy to field strip, clean and reassemble. And it's easy to conceal in a pocket. I don't know about stopping power, I've never shot anybody with it.

Old 10-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #79

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm really diggin the FN FNX & FNP desgins but can't find compacts

Old 10-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #80

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
I'm happy with my Bodyguard 380. It shoots straight, recoil is no problem, it's easy to field strip, clean and reassemble. And it's easy to conceal in a pocket. I don't know about stopping power, I've never shot anybody with it.
Lots of people have a pocket size 380. There are days when you don't wear a belt or you just don't feel like dealing with a holster. A pocketable 380 in your pocket is far better than a 10mm sitting in the safe.