Help! Amt automag 3 .30 carbine - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Help! Amt automag 3 .30 carbine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Yeah is like a good pure definition of RAM slam shut, riding the slide. Etc.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom
I have had mine do that, its dirty, check and see if there ain`t a bunch of crap in, on & around the sear.............carbon & such. I also have a Ruger in .30 carbine.
Tom, you said yours had about the same problem with slam firing? I'm going to strip the whole upper and do a deep cleaning.
Thank you so much I will try that. It makes it easier when someone else has the same fun that had the same problem. But I want to thank everyone who had posted comments on what the possible cause is

Old 05-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #23

Tom, also was your hammer following the slide? When you dropped it? Mine doesn't seem to stay locked back only when you drop the slide

Old 05-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #24

Liked 89 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 25

SUPER,
If your hammer is following the slide, then you may have a hammer/sear problem or a weak or broken sear spring. You must detail strip your frame and inspect these parts. They may just be gummed up and in need of a good cleaning, or in need of parts replacement. At any rate, at this time, you have a dangerous condition. If you are not comfortable or experienced enough to do the work, take a trip to a good gunsmith.

Jim...........

Visit me on FaceBook at Alvord Limited Custom Gunsmithing.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alvord-Limited-Custom-gunsmithing/637828296334671?ref=bookmarks

Old 05-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterPsmith
SUPER,
If your hammer is following the slide, then you may have a hammer/sear problem or a weak or broken sear spring. You must detail strip your frame and inspect these parts. They may just be gummed up and in need of a good cleaning, or in need of parts replacement. At any rate, at this time, you have a dangerous condition. If you are not comfortable or experienced enough to do the work, take a trip to a good gunsmith.

Jim...........

That's what I'm doing to do tonight. So far what I can see is that the strut hammer is bent and the shear spring seems to be weak. I'm going to do some research on where to find these parts. I went to bolsa gunsmithing by my house and they said they can't get any parts for it. But he did write down a few online stores so I'm going to see what I can do. I want to get this fix because when its working the way it is supposed too. It's a excellent piece of machinery

Old 05-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #26

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterPsmith View Post
the 1911 is designed to be chambered using the slide release and letting the slide strip a round and chamber it under it's own inertia. A properly maintained 1911 with a proper firing pin and spring combination will not slam fire while chambering a round. The same process of chambering a round is done everytime you pull the trigger in a 1911. What you do not want to do is release the slide on it's own on an empty chamber.
Jim..................

standard practice on all semi auto handguns

Old 05-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #27

1336619749125.jpg

Yupp lol