Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Help!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 02:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Help!!!!

Hey guys.. I'm new to Firearmstalk... So sorry if I seem a little new..

So. I went to the shooting range to day and shot about 100 shells through my model 459 smith and wesson.. I took it home to clean..

I get home.. Read some blasted article on how to take it apart... I accidently remove the trigger pin and all hell breaks loose.

The trigger won't engage back!!! The gun will no longer fire at all!!!

PLEASE HELP!!

I try to pull the trigger and it just pulls like normal, but it doesn't engage anything. It's not limp, but it doesn't make the gun go off or even make anything move...

HOW DO I GET IT TO WORK AGAIN!?!?!?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2009, 05:24 AM   #2

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired. If you had to read an article to learn how to field strip your gun you are in no way qualified to repair the trigger mechanism yourself.

BTW, the safety is off?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #3

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

You could always look around YouTube. There are *many* videos on guns posted there. Keep in mind, most of the people who post these aren't qualified gunsmiths.

I don't know how complicated that gun is or what your mechanical skills are, but you might want to go ahead and take it to a gunsmith as Jpyle suggested.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 12-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

No "You Tube" video. Just swallow your pride and take it in to a professional. Call around first and see what they'll charge you. It's something simple, but if you don't know, you don't know.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Take it to your local gunsmith and have him reassemble it correctly. While you're there, ask him to show you how to properly field strip it.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 12-13-2009, 05:01 PM   #6

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Listen to the Bear.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #7

The Bear is wise....it is gunsmith time.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Probably a moot point, but did you have the magazine in the gun when you tried pulling the trigger?

Wer anderen etwas vorgedacht, wird jahrelang nur ausgelacht.
Begreift man die Entdeckung endlich, so nennt sie jeder selbstverständlich.
-- Wilhelm Busch

Old 12-14-2009, 06:12 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Yep, The Bear is wise and he eats rugers.

Get it to a gunsmith, he's gonna make fun of you though.

Tags
smith and wesson, trigger pin