Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > "Hello Kitty" Appeals to the ladies, but concerns police

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default "Hello Kitty" Appeals to the ladies, but concerns police

'Hello Kitty' Guns Concern Police

Jim's Gun Supply of Baraboo is shipping the decorated guns across the country.

Law enforcement officials and others said they are afraid a child could pick up a gun thinking it was a toy, the Local 6 report said.

"Just being a teacher, any child would think that was a toy," a teacher said after seeing the weapon.

Police said the weapons are not illegal in most places, Local 6 reported.

"If somebody points at an officer, he could hesitate, in which case he could get shot. Or, even worse, the officer could react and take the life of a child," Arizona Fraternal Order of Police representative Bryan Soller said.

The owner of Jim's gun shop, Jim Astle, said, "Pink doesn't make it any more deadly than black."

Astle said most of his customers are in law enforcement.

"They're buying them for their wives so they can go to the range and shoot with them," Astle said.

Prices for the guns begin at $250.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-25-2011, 02:32 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

I think there are much bigger concerns out there then women and their pink guns...what about this child? This would get my attention!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #3

He is just had a rough childhood

Old 04-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
I think there are much bigger concerns out there then women and their pink guns...what about this child? This would get my attention!

What up whith the pistol grip? Is that an add-on to a Cali-legal AR or what?

Overall, that is a disturbing picture; if i saw that trying to rob my house, i would be worried. Of course, it would make it easier to see him & get a shot on target.

We can only hope he got that stuff for his lil girl.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #5

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

It matter not what color or anything elso about any gun, it is nothing more then getting the public to fear it so they can ban it.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:30 AM   #6

Liked 109 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 7

That would make an awesome home-invader practice target...he obviously just robbed the daughters room, right?
Yes, that's the "fin" they have to have on thier rifles to make them non-pistol gripped so as to use greater than 10 round magazines.
As for Hello Kitty, I like this one - this is an actual tatoo on my wife's ankle.

Last edited by armoredman; 04-26-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:33 AM   #7
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Simple thought IMHO if it looks like a real firearm then it is real. Paint it pink or add a orange on the muzzle. It's a changing world and firearms come in all colors. If it's pointed at me I'm going to expect it is real. I would rather take my chance in court explaining my reaction than to have my family cope with my lack of action.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Last edited by WDB; 04-26-2011 at 03:36 AM.