Hello - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Hello

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I'm sorry........I thought I clicked on the handgun forum.......

You want a handgun to defend yourself and your partner. Good, realization that a gun is needed to keep peace is the first step.

Go look at some guns and try them on. Next, learn about them and memorize safety rules. Then go and let someone help you at the shooting range. In other words, get proper training.

If you think you can just pull a gun or God forbid shoot someone just because they are running their mouth at you then you will end up behind bars with a new BF.

Last edited by Gojubrian; 11-14-2010 at 10:55 PM.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5646 Times on 2952 Posts
Likes Given: 372

it is not a straw man. compairing gun ownership and training to video games is.

i did not say it was a necessity for a future soldier to own guns. i said it was the reason that the founding fathers wrote the freedom to keep and bear the way they did.

if you lose one freedom you will lose them all. it wasnt too far in the past that senators john mccain and russ feingold made an end run on the freedom of speech to ensure that no one could challenge their future elections with the mccain feingold bill. george bush ok'd it into law. the supreme court was wise enough to over turn this.

it is inherent upon each and everyone of us to protect our freedoms and rights. the ones we agree with and the ones we dont. the rights all together depend on all of them being there with the ability of the citizens to use them.

i have no problem with you thinking the 2nd ammendment is archaic as long as you defend it to the death.

in a country without a 2nd ammendment you would have no recourse other than to suffer at the hands of biggots with no way to defend yourself. so is it REALLY archaic or will govt drones with missiles protect you??

Old 11-14-2010, 11:28 PM   #23

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Bobby.....

Look at these sites

Nazi Gun Control
Nazi Persecution of Homosexuals 1933-1945
NAZI POLICY TOWARD HOMOSEXUALS
Nazi Persecution of Homosexuals: Intro

Then look at this Genocide Chart

Death by "Gun Control"

I won't argue the need for the 2A any further here, our founding fathers knew full well that a disarmed populace was a dependent and obedient populace. They never foresaw an instance where the government they forged would restrict firearms ownership of it's citizens.

Shall Not Be Infringed means just that.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I'm sorry........I thought I clicked on the handgun forum.......

You want a handgun to defend yourself and your partner. Good, realization that a gun is needed to keep peace is the first step.

Go look at some guns and try them on. Next, learn about them and memorize safety rules. Then go and let someone help you at the shooting range. In other words, get proper training.

If you think you can just pull a gun or God forbid shoot someone just because they are running their mouth at you then you will end up behind bars with a new BF.
Ok thanks for replying. I am a little confused though.

What is the point of a concealed handgun law if you can't use it on people that threaten you? I'm not gonna end up like that guy that got rolled in Wyoming or whereever because of his lifestyle. That is what I am scared of after the past election.

So, you can carry a concealed handgun around but can't use it? I assume you could use it if somebody pulled a gun on you. But, the holsters and such I have read about are like under a jacket or something. It is not like in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly where everybody's guns are out and the fastest guy wins. That would be cool and all cause I'm pretty quick. Plus I am sneaky and would unload the other guys guns if I had the chance.

And JonM goes on about training soldiers and then starts talking about Russ Feingold and video games and freedoms and rights. I say this training stuff is not relevant anymore and give a reason and he goes off on a tangent and says a bunch of stuff that doesn't make any sense. This rough talk is scaring me and I wish it to stop. I just want to protect my monkey and my partner.

You say we can't shoot people for running their mouth. What's up with that? So why carry your gun around all high and mighty when you can't use it for that and if somebody comes up on you with a gun drawn you are screwed anyway with these concealed holsters?

Believe me, I know what you mean about BF jail. Non-consentual stuff like that is not your friend. YMMV. Thanks.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #25

Welcome aboard Bobby, you will not only need a handgun for personal protection when you're out and about but you will also need a shotgun for night time home protection. Something small so the little lady can use it. I have a Remington 870 Youth Express. It's one of the shortest shotguns you can get next to a sawed off. Short, small, light easy to maneuver in tight quarters. Just my .02.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerettaMan View Post
Welcome aboard Bobby, you will not only need a handgun for personal protection when you're out and about but you will also need a shotgun for night time home protection. Something small so the little lady can use it. I have a Remington 870 Youth Express. It's one of the shortest shotguns you can get next to a sawed off. Short, small, light easy to maneuver in tight quarters. Just my .02.
Thanks for the advice but what little lady?

Old 11-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #27

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Hi Bobby, and welcome!!!

I know when my partner and I go antiquing, I never leave the house without my Raspberry LCP. It's not too intimidating to me or my partner, but it makes us both feel safer since those elections.

I, too, have seen how aggressive some of those "breeder" types can be.

It's discreet enough to go unnoticed at parades, stays in place at the club, although I had to leave it in the car at the last Chesney concert we went to.

Do what I do, treat it like any other shopping experience, go try some on for size!

Old 11-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyPin View Post
Ok thanks for replying. I am a little confused though.

What is the point of a concealed handgun law if you can't use it on people that threaten you? I'm not gonna end up like that guy that got rolled in Wyoming or whereever because of his lifestyle. That is what I am scared of after the past election.
What does the last election have to do with violence in America? That's ridiculous to say the least.

Quote:
So, you can carry a concealed handgun around but can't use it? I assume you could use it if somebody pulled a gun on you. But, the holsters and such I have read about are like under a jacket or something. It is not like in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly where everybody's guns are out and the fastest guy wins. That would be cool and all cause I'm pretty quick. Plus I am sneaky and would unload the other guys guns if I had the chance.

And JonM goes on about training soldiers and then starts talking about Russ Feingold and video games and freedoms and rights. I say this training stuff is not relevant anymore and give a reason and he goes off on a tangent and says a bunch of stuff that doesn't make any sense. This rough talk is scaring me and I wish it to stop. I just want to protect my monkey and my partner.

You say we can't shoot people for running their mouth. What's up with that? So why carry your gun around all high and mighty when you can't use it for that and if somebody comes up on you with a gun drawn you are screwed anyway with these concealed holsters?

Believe me, I know what you mean about BF jail. Non-consentual stuff like that is not your friend. YMMV. Thanks.

You can't use a gun on someone unless you or someone near you has their life in danger. This is what I'm talking about when I said get to know the laws.
Do you really think you can pull a gun because someone says something you don't agree with?

You think folks that carry a gun are all "high and mighty" I think they are excercising their rights. The ones I know are the quickest to avoid trouble. You don't seem to be that way though.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
What does the last election have to do with violence in America? That's ridiculous to say the least.
You can't use a gun on someone unless you or someone near you has their life in danger. This is what I'm talking about when I said get to know the laws.
Do you really think you can pull a gun because someone says something you don't agree with?

You think folks that carry a gun are all "high and mighty" I think they are excercising their rights. The ones I know are the quickest to avoid trouble. You don't seem to be that way though.
Huh? The only reason I am here is because I am quick to avoid trouble but I am tired of the BS I get from people with "Cowboy Up" on the back of their truck.

I'm not concerned about having a weapon in the house. If somebody breaks in and we are there that monkey will go absolutely galactically apeshyt (no pun intended) and put something on that robber that ajax can't wash off. That robber would get beat like he stole a government ham from the Whitehouse. You heard about that one chimp that attacked those people? Well we feed ours GNC protein shakes and such, so let's just say it is a supercharged version of that one that went bonkers you learned about on the news. He also likes tequila.

Also, one day when I was little my parents were out of town. I was sleeping and my brother lit a 1000 pack of black cat firecrackers in my room. I soiled everything in the room, and it effects me to this day. If one of those guns exploded in the house I just don't know what I would do.

Maybe I need to rethink this concealed weapon thing. If people can still talk smack to me and my BF then what is the point?

Old 11-15-2010, 12:23 AM   #30

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

This may be the funniest thing I've ever read.

Yes. Rethink the gun thing. You really can't pull a gun if somebody says mean and hurtful things. Indeed, I'd be really careful about posting that intention on a public forum.

Stick with Elton, I think you're much safer there.

Closed Thread