hell officially froze over in my family - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > hell officially froze over in my family

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

The absolute best thing you could do is go to a range that has a large inventory of rental weapons and start off small. I finally got my wife to get a carry gun, and she chose the KelTec P32. She can effectively load, rack the slide and isn't afraid of the recoil. It's a great little inexpensive carry piece. If it's just for home, with no worries about little'uns then a revolver would probably be a good bet. But let her shoot some variety, and get a feeling for the use of a handgun. There's nothing worse in my mind, than someone getting a weapon that was recommended that they have no desire to use because they don't like it. My local range has over 100 handguns in the rental counter, and for $10 you get unlimited use, of course having to buy the rounds.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

this happened to me as well with 2 very hardcore liberal friends of mine.

People are beginning to wake up.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:52 AM   #33

Liked 232 Times on 154 Posts

[QUOTE="PrimePorkchop"]this happened to me as well with 2 very hardcore liberal friends of mine.

People are beginning to wake up.[/QUOTE

So glad to hear stories like this.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:30 AM   #34

Liked 519 Times on 312 Posts
Likes Given: 236

It's lovely that some libs possibly are beginning to see the light, or are just plain scared stiff and confused. Rather than run out and buy a weapon I'd appreciate it more if they just freakin' started to get some smarts and vote on the right side. They got us into this mess as well as the more conservative know it all jerks with lots of great opinions, but stupidly are too lazy to bother to vote. They're the ones who killed us in the last election, while knowing full well that there was a chance that the Munsters would get back in.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:40 AM   #35

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
It's lovely that some libs possibly are beginning to see the light, or are just plain scared stiff and confused. Rather than run out and buy a weapon I'd appreciate it more if they just freakin' started to get some smarts and vote on the right side. They got us into this mess as well as the more conservative know it all jerks with lots of great opinions, but stupidly are too lazy to bother to vote. They're the ones who killed us in the last election, while knowing full well that there was a chance that the Munsters would get back in.
It's all about baby steps and planting seeds.

Let them learn where the passion comes from for the 2nd Amendment by owning their first firearm.

I, personally, have "converted" several people just by getting them to get their first gun (and firing plenty of mine...)

We can't expect immediate change in these people. We have to plant seeds, intelligently, and wait for them to grow.

99.9% of these gun grabbers are intellectually immature. They don't know what to think other than feel good liberal **** they see on TV and from Hollywood actors.

Spin it around on them, plant a few seeds, make them think the power is in their hands (Just like these actors are trying to do) and watch their opinions change...my latest conversion was over a year in the making

Here's a snippet from a FB message he sent me the other day (we have private convos on FB all the time)

Quote:

Maybe it is my love for post-apocalyptic video games, movies and shows about zombies, or books about corrupt Gov't, but I feel the need to have a certain level of preparedness. We live a place that isn't exactly susceptible to disaster, but you never know...so I guess that is why. Anyway, I'll do some more research and look more in depth to what you recommended. I've always liked the glock and I like the idea of the ammo being everywhere and easily available. I'll keep you posted, but once I grab something up let's absolutely go out shooting again, everything you've done has changed my perspective forever.
This took a long time to get him to this point - but the turning point was getting him out to my private little 'range' and letting him experience the 'power' for himself.