Heizer Defense-Doubletap
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Heizer Defense-Doubletap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 03:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default Heizer Defense-Doubletap

Here is a new, extremely concealable, last ditch pistol. It is called the Heizer Defense Doubletap.

DoubleTap™ Specifications*:

Caliber: .45 ACP, 9mm
Weight: 14 oz Titanium (empty)
Width: .665 inches
Length: 5.5 inches
Height: 3.9 inches
Barrel: 3.0 inches
Frame: Titanium or Aluminum

It holds one round in each of the two barrels. You get either get it ported or non-ported. It also carries two extra rounds in the grip area. I believe I read that it is the slimmest and lightest pistol on the market, at least the .45. Everybody always says that a .25 in the pocket is better than a .45 home. So why not get the .45 that is smaller than damn dear everything. I would not rely on it as a primary, but its definately better than nothing. I can see this being a big seller with women. Also, the trigger is a newly designed ball-bearing mechanism. Somehow two trigger pulls fires each barrel one at a time.

doubletap4rds-350x350.jpg   heizer-defense-doubletap.jpg   double-tap-pistol.jpg  

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Last edited by michigan0626; 01-21-2012 at 03:34 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-21-2012, 03:44 AM   #2

Liked 1861 Times on 1043 Posts
Likes Given: 1233

I have a friend that carries a Bond Arms Derringer in .45 colt. He carries it in his front pocket. I sometimes carry a J-frame in 38 +p. I can't see carrying only two rounds. I also dont believe I would have time to remove a grip and reload two more rounds in the middle of a gun fight.

I agree that women might buy them. But I think it would be a mistake for a purse gun.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #3

Liked 248 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 22

The onlt time i could see carring this is a place orclothing type that you just can't show anything. But at 14oz it is heavier than many other 6=1 pistols in 380 or 9mm

Old 01-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #4

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

amazing gun! I have been keeping up on this since I first saw it in a magazine.

This is ideal for people like me. Here in AZ I clean pools year round. Im not really in a position to carry. 1. I wouldn't want some pool guy coming into my house my yard packing. 2. I wear light weight swim shorts 10 months out the year. Im still wearing shorts in Jan!! Im really looking into getting this.

I just bought the new Beretta NANO but even that might to big.

I think I'm loving this gun.

Loyalty can't be bought at any price;
but it can be rented remarkably cheaply.