Have you ever drop your guns?? - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Have you ever drop your guns??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Yep. Full size taurus 24/7 fell out of my truck, all the way down which floor board to ground is 3 foot. Put a big mar on the end of the grip by the mag well. Gun was chambered but striker was decocked. Freaked me out.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #82

Yep, the first gun I ever shot. It was my first hunting trip when I was seven and I asked my grandpa if I could shoot his 7mm rem mag. When I shot it knocked me to the ground an the rifle bounced off the tailgate of his truck into the mud and snow.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Yes. This summer. It was late at night, I'd slipped on some sweatpants and a t-shirt and stepped out on the patio with my PT-111 tucked in my waistband. Damned if the thing didn't slide down my pants leg and land on my bare foot. The safety was on...but for a second I had one of those *Holy Crap* moments. The gun was fine. The foot? Sore for a day or two.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:27 AM   #84

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I had my holster off my belt carrying a lot of guns in from the car after a day at the range I droped a sagia 12 unloaded at the door on the porch went 2 grab it and my holster was unsnapped and my glock fell loaded right on the slide plate and bounced off the porch fell 20 feet and landed in the yard I yelled through all the guns into the house then ran around picked up my glock not a scratch on it thank god....

Old 08-17-2012, 02:43 AM   #85

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

I have dropped my 1911 while it was loaded. I've dropped my G26 a couple times (also loaded). It falls right out of the Crossbreed whenever I'm not actually wearing it; the retention isn't the greatest. I have dropped the slide to my XDm, the slide to my uncle's Bersa Thunder. I have dropped the 11-87 at work a few times. All guns are fine and dandy. My hardwood floors, however are not. I guess I have butterfingers...

Old 08-17-2012, 03:02 AM   #86

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

I have 3 Crossbreed holsters and have never had a gun fall out. But then again, I've never carried a gun in the holster when not wearing it. I guess I could see how that could happen.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:19 AM   #87

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmriley
I have 3 Crossbreed holsters and have never had a gun fall out. But then again, I've never carried a gun in the holster when not wearing it. I guess I could see how that could happen.
Mine seems to fall out while I am hanging my jeans/shorts up at when I am changing into my uniform pants at work. I believe Cane has had this issue, and other than price, it's one of his reasons for buying Theis holsters (if memory serves correct). I have never had any issues while wearing my Crossbreed though.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:41 AM   #88
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 150 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
I have a tendency to drop empty magazines.
Did this my very first time at the range a few weeks back. To make matters worse, I tried to be slick and snatch it up real quick before anyone noticed and banged into the bench, knocking three more magazines to the ground.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:50 AM   #89

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I dropped one, the first time I went to the range with it. It was my first pistol. It wasn't loaded, but I almost did the same thing (dropping the mags) except it was the range's spotter scope. I felt bad... A piece of plastic broke. It still worked, but the RO was "hateful" about it. I offered to pay, but he decided to refuse my money, preferring instead to humiliate me in front of the other shooters. I was a member, too. I decided to eat the membership fee and never returned.

I couldn't believe what a huge deal he made about it. Terrible yet ironic thing was, two weeks later some shooters were horsing around (had been for about half an hour) when one tripped, fell, and shot himself. He should have been as hard on them in the beginning as he had been on me. Lives, instead of a functionless piece on a cheap old spotter would have been spared...

Old 08-28-2012, 03:44 AM   #90

Liked 64 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

i drop my ccw, fell out of the hulster when i was in john. their was a story about someone doing the same in a burger king and it fired shooting the toilet in the next stall, but i think we was playing with his gun to pass the time replaced hulster shortly after that also down sized to a smaller and lighter gun