Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Have you ever drop your guns??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Had a Fobus holster carrying a week old Charles Daly while riding my four wheeler in some off road ruts that trucks made. Needless to say after about an hour of digging around in knee deep mud I found my 1911

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:57 AM   #72
hmh

Liked 140 Times on 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113
Had a Fobus holster carrying a week old Charles Daly while riding my four wheeler in some off road ruts that trucks made. Needless to say after about an hour of digging around in knee deep mud I found my 1911
I would be literally sick to my stomach.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #73

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmh View Post
I would be literally sick to my stomach.
My heart dopped to say the least. But after an intense cleaning she fired just fine.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:14 AM   #74

Location: Flatwoods and Swamps of Florida, United States of America
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Had a .41 mag Blackhawk under a saddle blanket on the front seat of my truck. Someone went to get in, pulled the saddle blanket out and the gun fell on the concrete. Scratched up the top of the rear sight.

Old 08-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #75

Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom View Post
If you can say you have never dropped a gun, then you have not handled many firearms...................BTW, yes I have !!!!!!!!!!
Could not have said it better! In fact I take into consideration "drop survival" as a purchasing consideration.
Real life is hard.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:34 AM   #76

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin

Could not have said it better! In fact I take into consideration "drop survival" as a purchasing consideration.
Real life is hard.
Yeah man we're all human and we all forget and some of us is Clumsy too. Does not mean you a bad gun owner.

I drop my keys before, kick my glass of koolaid by accident lol. Hit my lil toe against the bed rail ( crap hurt like a mutha) step in dog sh*t before with no shoes on haha.

So it happen, you drop your gun. Must of had a long day at work....

Old 08-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #77
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5479 Times on 2707 Posts
Likes Given: 5813

Yup, gravity is a b!tch! When I was a pup (many moons ago), me and my Brother-inlaw were out hunting birds, I slipped and fell right on top of my wards western 12Gau pump, broke the butt of the stock right off! Took it to wood shop at high school a few days later and screwed, pinned and glued it. I still have it, it has worked fine since, just has a little battle scar!

Can you imagine going to school carrying a shotgun stock today?

Old 08-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38
Yup, gravity is a b!tch! When I was a pup (many moons ago), me and my Brother-inlaw were out hunting birds, I slipped and fell right on top of my wards western 12Gau pump, broke the butt of the stock right off! Took it to wood shop at high school a few days later and screwed, pinned and glued it. I still have it, it has worked fine since, just has a little battle scar!

Can you imagine going to school carrying a shotgun stock today?
Yeah I can IMAGINE, "LET ME SEE YOUR HANDS,GET ON THE GROUND NOW" dont move. I think that's about right....lol

Old 08-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #79
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8308 Times on 3590 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Don't know if this qualifies as a "drop", but it damn sure did qualify as a "heart in throat" moment.

Working as an LEO, my regular service revolver (a 4 inch K frame Smith) was in the shop. Drew a 5 inch Model 10 from the spares- meant I had to change holsters- anyone remember the swivel holsters?

holster.jpg

Night patrol, interrupted a gent who was prying on a back door of a business. He runs down the alley. I was up for a footrace, ran him down, tackled him, he was squirming- and I reached back for my sidearm.

Wait- WHAT? I have a row of 12 cartridges- and no holster below them! WHERE IS MY GUN?

Got him cuffed, walked him back to the car- and there was my piece- in the holster, on the front seat. When I bailed, the rivet in the swivel gave way, leaving my revolver on the front seat.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Don't know if this qualifies as a "drop", but it damn sure did qualify as a "heart in throat" moment.

Working as an LEO, my regular service revolver (a 4 inch K frame Smith) was in the shop. Drew a 5 inch Model 10 from the spares- meant I had to change holsters- anyone remember the swivel holsters?

Night patrol, interrupted a gent who was prying on a back door of a business. He runs down the alley. I was up for a footrace, ran him down, tackled him, he was squirming- and I reached back for my sidearm.

Wait- WHAT? I have a row of 12 cartridges- and no holster below them! WHERE IS MY GUN?

Got him cuffed, walked him back to the car- and there was my piece- in the holster, on the front seat. When I bailed, the rivet in the swivel gave way, leaving my revolver on the front seat.
Whatttt thats crazy bro. Thank god you didnt need it.