Have you actually used your gun?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Have you actually used your gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Have you actually used your gun?

I read all the crap about self defence on the forums, but how many of us have had to pull their weapon and use it? Military excluded! I have been shot, hit me just right of my naval and passed through. It is alot different than talking about it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #2

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Can you guys do polls here? I didn't see it.

A) Haven’t used a firearm for self-defense or protection.
B) Drawn it for self-defense/protection.
C) Fired it for SD/PP.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5681 Times on 2968 Posts
Likes Given: 376

It doesnt matter if you are wearing a uniform doing le work defending the nation from obama backed terrorists or working as a private security guard its just as life changing an event as it is for a civilian. Trivializing it does great disservice to.those that risk their lives so you may wear civilian clothing in peace.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
It doesnt matter if you are wearing a uniform doing le work defending the nation from obama backed terrorists or working as a private security guard its just as life changing an event as it is for a civilian. Trivializing it does great disservice to.those that risk their lives so you may wear civilian clothing in peace.
These people are trained to know what to do, as we are not. I thank GOD for those guys and hate to think what the world would be like if they weren't there. On the other hand, I said excluded for a reason.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:05 PM   #5

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrola View Post
These people are trained to know what to do, as we are not. I thank GOD for those guys and hate to think what the world would be like if they weren't there. On the other hand, I said excluded for a reason.
That is one big assumption that you are making that folks here have no training. It makes no sense to use "we" when one means "I" since you know nothng about and should make no statements as to the experience and capabilities of others.

Glad you survived getting shot but I fail to see what that has to do with discussions on SD. All that means is that someone put a bullet in you, no more, no less. It has NOTHING to do with training, mindset, experience or anything else. Plenty of unarmed folks get shot. Plenty of folks put away a lot of bad guys and never get ventilated for their efforts.

Getting shot is just that, getting shot.

Last edited by Wambli; 07-02-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #6

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Can you guys do polls here? I didn't see it.

A) Haven’t used a firearm for self-defense or protection.
B) Drawn it for self-defense/protection.
C) Fired it for SD/PP.
I doubt if you'll get any answers. The folks that haven't done it tend to ignore the questions and the folks that have usually do not want to talk about it...

Old 07-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #7

Liked 1739 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambli View Post
I doubt if you'll get any answers. The folks that haven't done it tend to ignore the questions and the folks that have usually do not want to talk about it...
Yeah, that's true. Good point. I though maybe anonymity might make a difference.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #8

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrola View Post
I read all the crap about self defence on the forums, but how many of us have had to pull their weapon and use it? Military excluded! I have been shot, hit me just right of my naval and passed through. It is alot different than talking about it.
What's your point...that unless you have been shot you cannot speak about or read self defense "crap" posted on forums?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #9

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Thank You for this.

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Old 07-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #10

No need for all the hateful remarks. I just meant when you are faced with the situation, all you know and all you think goes out the window. I am able to talk about it because I did nothing wrong and wasn't in war. When we have to protect ourselves in the civilian population, there are no Doctors to help. Just you and your thoughts.